Chapter 13

5 cities. 5 Japanese cities. Tokyo, Kyoto, Shibuya, Dotonbori and Fukuoka. These five buzzing cities were to be graced by Seraphina's presence the following week. Starting with Tokyo and ending with Fukuoka, it was Seraphina's first concert after their debut as a new girl group.

"Once more!" Ari roared as the song ended. Chu hua nodded, while Melati stretched and Padma stifled a groan. 

Music blared through the speakers and the synchronised footsteps of the girl group and their back-up dancers echoed in the practice room.

Beads of sweat rolled down Ari's forehead as she kept her eyes on the mirror in front of her. Her body moved with the beat. Perfectly. Her plump lips moved with each syllable that left her mouth. Her shiny blue eyes glittered with confidence.

Her gaze from the large mirror broke only after the last dance step.

Cheers rose from all the dancers, once the song ended. Even the usually stoic (during practice) Ari was cheering along. The performance had come out really well. As long as they performed the same way in Japan, Ari had nothing to fear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So my schedule is clear?" Ari asked her now secretary Ji-ah, as she pulled on her denim jacket. 

"Indeed." Ji-ah responded, pushing back her glasses with a single finger.

Lee Ji-ah was once upon a time, an associate director in the entertainment industry. Upon meeting and conversing with Ari, the woman took a liking to the younger girl, even if she would never say it out loud.

"After practice tomorrow, you have an appointment with Mr. Go," Ji-ah said, looking at the tablet in her hand, "At 7pm."

"With Appa?" Ari questioned, as she did a final touch-up to her make-up. "But I spoke to him right before practice.... and he didn't tell me anything."

Ji-ah just sighed, "Lady, just do as your told to." She dead-panned.

Ari huffed in response and the two ladies walked out of Ari's designated room in the studio. The other girls had left before, Ari stayed back to make a few changes in the song audio. Now, even she was ready to go home.

Sharp heels clicked on the wooden floor as Ari and Ji-ah made their way to the exit. Upon reaching it, Ari sighed happily, stretching her arms to the side and spinning. Just before her joyous moment could go on, loud voices rung through the entire place.

"Good evening Noo-nim!" Park Bok-gyu and his men shouted.

Ari blanched and looked at the group, 'And I was wondering were they were the past few weeks.' she thought with a sweat-drop.

"Good evening." Ari replied, as she and Ji-ah continued walking towards the parking lot, not bothering to pause.

"I said, my name's Park Bok-gyu!" Ari heard the man exclaim, and turned around to see him walking next to Ji-ah, who was giving him a side-eye.

Ari just rolled her eyes and continued forward.

"Ari."

Said woman turned around at the sound of her name. Ji-a had called her. Just before the lady could continue her words, a bark rang out through the paking lot and all the 30 members there jumped in surprise.

Ari sighed, closing her eyes. She wasn't the one to get scared easily, but the abruptness just made her jump.

"What were you say-?" Ari froze mid sentence and her jaw went slack at the scene in front of her.

Ji-ah was carrying Bok-gyu bridal style.

"Get off, Park Fork-gyu." The lady hissed.

"It's Bok-gyu" The man corrected her, not bothering to get off her or take off his hands from were they had encircled her slender neck.