Chapter - 11

I stand by the entrance as Mother gets off the carriage and I go up to greet her with a small smile.

“Mother, it's been a while. How have you been?” I ask politely.

“My little flower, I'm content now that I've seen you. It's been so long, I missed you,” she comes up to me and hugs me carefully to not hurt the child. I wrap my arms around her, feeling her familiar embrace.

“I missed you too. How's everyone back home?” I ask her, wondering if all my siblings are healthy.

“Everyone's happy and healthy. Is my grandchild healthy? Have you been feeling any discomfort, Dear?” she asks out of concern for mine and the baby's health.

“Everything has been going fine. The physician checked a few days ago and the child is growing up healthy,” I reassure her and head inside. The maid's help her get settled in a room close to mine and we sat down to have some tea.

She gently caresses my belly as her eyes tear up, “I can't believe my little girl is going to be a mother.”

I wipe away her tears, “Time seems to be passing too soon. The child will be here in just a few months,” I smile faintly.

“Do not stress, little flower. I'm here to help you through the last stage,” she pulls me close and rests my head on her shoulder as she runs her fingers through my hair. I close my eyes, her embrace feels just as warm as the day I left home.

The months flew by in a blur as we prepared for the arrival of the child and the time of birth came.

The pain in my lower back slowly becomes more powerful as I instruct the maids to contact the midwife and the Lord. Mother holds me close to comfort me. The midwife came quickly and made the preparations.

The contractions start as mere twinges at first, barely noticeable against the backdrop of my daily routine. But as time passes, they grow stronger, more insistent, like waves crashing against the shore. Each one sends a jolt of pain through my body, causing me to gasp for breath.

I find solace in the familiar faces around me, their love and support providing a comforting blanket against the storm within me. Their presence is a lifeline, anchoring me amidst the chaos of my body's transformation.

As the hours wore on, the pain intensified, each contraction more powerful than the last. My resolve begins to waver, but I hold onto it tightly, determined not to let fear consume me.

The pain reached its peak, a crescendo of agony that leaves me trembling. It feels as though my entire being is being torn apart, yet somehow, miraculously, something new and beautiful is being formed within me.

And then, just when I think I can't bear it any longer, there is a sudden shift. A moment of relief, followed by the unmistakable sound of my child's first cries. The pain vanishes, replaced by an overwhelming sense of relief.

The midwife announces that it's a son and hands me my child. As I gaze down at this tiny creature who has just entered the world, I feel a rush of emotion that threatens to overwhelm me. In that instant, I knew without a doubt that I would do anything for this precious baby.

My heart swells with love, and I marvel at how such a small person can have already captured my soul so completely.

Despite the exhaustion and discomfort of labour and delivery, I feel a surge of energy coursing through my veins, propelling me forward towards this new chapter in my life. I tenderly kiss the forehead of my baby and make a vow,

For you, I'm willing to sacrifice the world…

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Caius comes in after listening to the news of his son's birth. He takes him in his arms feeling overjoyed. The small child looks just like his mother.

“My son, my lovely heir, you shall be known by the name…Eryx Von Atticus…,” he pressed a kiss on the child's forehead, “You're destined for greatness.”

He bends down and caresses Raya's cheek, “You did great. Our child is beautiful.”

Raya simply nods as she lovingly gazes at her baby. Eryx lets out small cries in Caius's arms and he hands him back to Raya. She gently feeds him, holding him close as the exhaustion takes over and she falls asleep.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I stir awake from the touches of a little hand, Eryx is feeling around with his tiny hands. He suckles on my breast as he feels the soft flesh around with his hands.

Once he's asleep, Lisa comes up to me and smiles, “My Lady, you must be exhausted. I've prepared your bath. Allow me to help you with it.”

I nod and take her hand, taking small steps to the bathing area. I get undressed and lay in the warm tub, allowing the water to wash away the exhaustion.

Lisa and Dana carefully wash away the sweat and blood, massaging my muscles to ease them. Mother soon enters with some hair oil, “Little flower, let me massage your hair with oil. It'll make you feel better.”

“It'd be my pleasure,” I give her a small smile as she sits on a stool behind me and starts applying oil to my scalp, massaging it in expertly.

“It's such a joyous day. Both you and Eryx are healthy,” she hugs me tenderly.

As the water starts getting cold, I decide to end the bath. I forget to hide my back as I get up, mother looks at my back horrified, “Raya…wh…what happened to your back?” She asks in a shaky voice.

My blood runs cold hearing her question, clenching my fists to control my nerves. I tilt my head towards her, my gaze is cold as I respond,

“These? They were a gift from my husband,” I calmly got out of the tub and put on a silk robe, heading towards my chamber. My silence is enough indication for her to not question further at the moment.

As I enter my chamber, the door closes behind me with a soft thud, indicating the end of this conversation.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Thank you for reading!!! Stay tuned for more!!! XOXO