Chapter - 24

(RAYA'S POV)

Returning home, I play with Eryx. I haven't been able to spend much time with him due to work. He giggles as he happily rolls around on the carpet, poking his wooden horse toy. I watch his innocent laugh.

After his playtime, I fed him and put him to bed. I watch the full moon from my balcony as I sip some tea. I think about the day's events. My thoughts wander to my encounter with the crown prince. He seemed pretty worried about the letters.

The crow seal seemed like a unique one, I wonder if he was analysing it to catch the criminal. The criminal needs to commit serious crimes for the crown prince to get involved.

For some reason, the crow seal seems familiar, but I cannot remember where I saw it. I take a deep breath and get up.

Catching criminals isn't something that should concern me. Feeling exhausted, I head to bed. I slowly doze off as sleep consumes me faster than expected.

The sun's bright shine and Eryx's cries wake me up from my slumber. I get out of bed and pick him up, “Ssshhhh…calm down. I know you're hungry,” I rock him gently while feeding him. He eventually calms down and falls back asleep.

I called Dana to prepare a warm bath for me. My muscles seem to need some relaxation. I get in the bath and lean back, Dana starts massaging my shoulders.

“Did Lisa tell you anything about any documents I need to go through today?” I ask, due to not being in the estate for the past few days, I'm positive that some work sure has piled up.

“She said the Lord is busy with work and has asked you to sit with the accountant regarding harvest and tax this year,” she says as she continues massaging, it feels quite relaxing.

“I appreciate you filling me in,” I closed my eyes and enjoyed the massage. I get out once the water gets cold, wrap a robe and sit down in front of the vanity.

Dana dries my hair and gets me ready for the day. The mansion is still as eerie as ever, it feels almost lifeless whenever I don't hear Eryx's cries or giggles. He adds life to this rather dull atmosphere.

I spent the whole day governing the estate after my appointment with the Accountant. As I was looking through the reports of the harvest, something finally clicked…

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

(ICARUS'S POV)

No matter what I do, I cannot take my mind off her. I barely held myself back from kissing her. She looked so beautiful, but I've vowed to never hurt her.

I won't cross any boundaries till she gives me the permission. Her eyes are like jewels, oh how I yearn to see those eyes be full of adoration for me. I do not wish to possess her, I want her to willingly come to me.

My arms will always be open for her, whenever she's ready. I simply hope she doesn't suffer more at the hands of that monster. I often feel the intense urge to kill him and keep her close to me. But I cannot be hasty with this. I need to first find the one trying to destroy the royal family. I cannot drag her into a situation that might endanger her life.

I'll be the partner she deserves, not the one forced upon her. My chain of thoughts break as I hear the door open. Damien walks in and bows respectfully, “Your Highness, we've scoured the west, yet couldn't find the seal makee. We shall start our search in the east tomorrow.” he looks at me with squinted eyebrows and asks, “Your Highness, is something the matter? You seem stressed.”

I think about it and finally end up asking him, “Damien, have you ever been in love?”

“That's…a pretty unexpected question. I suppose I haven't. Why do you ask?” He looks at me sceptically.

I chuckle and respond, “I'm simply curious.” He inspects my demeanour, “Are you, perhaps…interested in some Lady?”

“I suppose I am,” I smile, thinking about her. “The Emperor and Empress will be ecstatic when they find out,” he looks at me curiously, “Who might this lady be?”

“No need to rush. I'd like to get to know her better before letting you all know,” I say cautiously. It's going to be a tough matter to explain to everyone.

“As you wish. I have no issues as long as you're safe. I shall return to the base to meet my squad and prepare for departure,” he bows respectfully and I nod, allowing him to leave.

I return to my chamber and sit on the balcony, sipping wine as I try to speculate who this mystery conspirator could be. We cannot keep anyone out of suspicion.

It could be someone from the inside conspiring, or it could be someone from the outside trying to seize power.

We need to find one clue to link everything together and reach the conclusion. That missing link, we need to find it.

"Mystery shrouds the mundane in an aura of intrigue, beckoning us to venture beyond the surface and embrace the hidden wonders that lie beneath.”

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Thank you all for supporting this story. It makes me really happy to have lovely readers. Sorry for the late update.

Due to some national issues, I was out of internet. I hope you guys like this chapter!

Please vote and comment. I love interacting with you all!