Chapter 7: Brainstorm

Sondra sat with her pencil and paper in the great dining hall. Her and Ashton had mentioned marriage. She's always thought that it'd happen for them, but she wasn't in a rush, and now the thought of proposing and it happening...soon it was a bit much to think about.

"You look stumped." Maisey said pushing in a chair from around the giant oak table.

Sonny sighed, "is it stupid to start planning a wedding before the official proposal?" She asked her friend.

Maisey let out a small laugh, "most people wait, but knowing your anxious heart, I say get all the planning with so you can just enjoy being engaged when it happens."

"Where do I even start? Location, place? Cake? I could go for some cake." She mumbled in grievance.

"Sonny? What do you want people to remember about your wedding?" Maisey asked, she looked around but figured no one would wish to stop her from taking a temporary break to help the princess.

"I don't know, whenever I think of weddings I think boring! I guess I just want to have fun at my own wedding." She shrugged.

"Good," Maisey chuckled, "that's a good goal. What is your favorite time of year.?"

"That's easy, the Fall Festival where we ring in the season. The leaf pile contests to see who can make the biggest pile to dive into, the pumpkin carving art displays, the corn trails where you have to find your way out. The apple picking orchards and just...I love the Fall Festival, I wish it could last all year."

"Then have your wedding at the Fall Festival." Maisey said, she'd watched the light shine in Sondra's eyes as she spoke about it.

"Ashton's always wanted to attend...do you really think we should...?" She asked, "it sounds crazy, and dirty and...not like a wedding."

"Would you and Ashton love it?" Maisey asked setting her hand on top of Sondra's.

"It's his favorite time of year too, gosh, we have to do it." Sondra smiled and nodded at her friend. "The Fall Festival it is then!" She beamed.

"What festival?" A low voice asked, making Maisey jump.

Maisey scampered from her chair and got back to work.

Sondra looked up at Leo, "nothing, it was...where did you come from?"

"Don't worry about it." He teased his sister.

"Seriously, you've been gone all day." She studied him.

Leonardo shrugged, "just came back for dinner, "I have to head out again."

"Where?"

"Not important."

She frowned skeptically, he was acting shifty and odd. It wasn't exactly out of the norm for him, but still it made Sondra feel concerned.

She wondered if it had anything to do with magic..was magic reaching out to him too? She shook off the feeling.

"Well, I'm heading to dinner, secret to staying the favorite child is being the first to arrive."

Sondra rolled her eyes at his arrogance, "I'm sure that being the youngest doesn't play a part in that at all."

He chuckled, "nope!"