Chapter 11: 8:00 PM

Ashton stared at the clock, 7:59 had been the LONGEST minute of his life.

"You ready for me to practice?" His sister Ann asked, she sat perched at the piano at the ready.

The clock struck 8. Ashton smiled and stood as Ann began to play the piano tune. It was the song that Ashton had asked Sondra to dance to for their first dance. It'd become a favorite of his. He swayed softly.

Ella waved her hand and got Ashton's attention. She signed the word 'what' to ask what he was doing.

"Just enjoying a dance."

*

Sondra opened the letter and sat down at the fountain. It was chilly outside but she didn't mind it.

Dearest Sondra
If you're reading this, listen close.

Sondra closed her eyes and listened, the song...she laughed just a little, perhaps Henry had helped with that too? It was their song.

I know I couldn't be there to dance with you. And I'm so sorry I couldn't attend.
I imagine you in that dress my mother got you. I imagine swaying with you and admiring how far we've come.
Please save a dance for me?
Forever yours,
Ashton

She held the letter to her chest and stood, gently swaying, remembering that night. The spark the electrical feel. She missed him more than she could describe, soon they'd be together again.

After a few moments she heard footsteps.

"Hey Sondra?" Elora asked, tucking hair behind her ear. She nodded at Henry who smiled kindly and took that as his queue to leave.

Sondra smiled, "sorry, sometimes it's hard to be so far apart from the one you love."

Elora nodded and reassured her, "I understand, I assume you wanted to ask me something?"

Sondra nodded and the two sat back down on the edge of the fountain.

Sondra watched the shorter girl, she looked withdrawn and hard of trusting, like her heart had been broken too many times to mention.

"You want to ask me about Leo, don't you?" Elora looked down at her hands.

"So you do know him and Victoria?" Sondra asked a little surprised.

"I've never met Victoria...But I know Leonardo, I didn't realize he was the prince until recently. He used to see me study magic in the library when he was studying to further his princely duties, I didn't know that's what he was doing at the time." She admitted to Sondra.

"Did something happen between you two?" Sondra asked.

Elora fidgeted with her hair again, "no and yes, we became friends and I showed him what I was studying...I think he came onto me, all he wanted to do was talk and study together, he wrote me letters daily...I may have stopped responding to them." She looked up at Sondra sheepishly.

"You don't have to feel apologetic due to his bad behaviors."

That made the girl relax, "thank you...I've been learning from the old lady in the woods, she teaches me and answers all my questions of magic."

"Can I meet with her?" Sondra asked.

"I'm not sure," Elora told her, "I found her when I was at my weakest and she helped me. Leo followed me once and found her himself...I don't think I can just take you to her. She looks for those who are broken to repair them."

Sondra was taken a-back. "Oh," she thought of her sword, Sonny had felt like the magic had been calling to her, so why? She shook her head.

"Do you recall this woman's name?"

Elora shook her head, "she never gave it to me..."