Chapter 15: Water Lantern Festival (Part 2)

"I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe I should have just held onto it? Now Rosa has to get engaged without a ring."

"Honestly," Ashton tried to calm her down, "this isn't on you."

Sondra looked over at Garth and Rosa, he had gone back to his girl to spend time with her. But he hadn't done that before letting Sondra know that the ring was in her hands because he had to be busy with Rosa so she wouldn't be suspicious.

"Garth literally just said the ring was my responsibility." Sondra glared just slightly.

"I know, but Sondra." Ashton caught her hand to stop her from pacing. He pulled her close. "This is our day."

Sondra felt her heart pain with resentment as she glanced over at her sister. She sighed and let it melt away. "She deserves this as much as I do."

Ashton glanced over, he had great respect for Rosalina. He saw her as older sister, a leader. He nodded, "let's get that ring then." He figured the sooner they got the ring, the sooner they could refocus on their own night.

***

Maisey had waited quite a while for Garth. The anxiety was starting to spread to her heart. She was meant to meet with her husband soon.

She waundered through the halls until she found another handmaiden, "would you happen to know what happened to Rosalina and Garth?" She asked.

The cute little grey haired old lady looked up at her and smiled, "miss Maisey!" She beamed. "Mr. Garth Collected the princess to escort her to the festival over an hour ago."

Maiseys eye twitched and she forced a smile, "perfect..."

***

Ashton and Sondra had begun to walk, their only option was to walk back to the castle.

It made for an hour walk and Sondra honestly felt like they'd spend a bigger chunk of time traveling than anything else. But she couldn't let her sister's proposal be ruined.

Ashton thought to enjoy the time by talking of wedding plans.

This did lighten Sondra's heart a bit, they talked about their love of the autumn. They talked about how they wanted to be married under the falling leaves during the Fall Festival. It seemed the perfect time to start a new journey together.

About midway through Sondra saw Victoria and Leonardo. They were a sight for sore eyes. She beamed at them and they rushed to meet her.

"I have a surprise for you." Leo smirked and handed a pink box to Sondra.

Sondra finally relaxed and opened up the box, "thank goodness. Rosas proposal will be saved." She looked up at the two, "thank you."

"Maisey found us and chased us down on our way here," Victoria said softly, "it's beautiful by the way."

"She should know, she helped pick it out." Ashton gently placed his hand on Sondra's shoulder.

Sonny sighed and looked over to the sun which was beginning to set. Their night was about to begin, they had to get back.

Victoria smiled, "we should get heading out." She smiled at the group. She gently rubbed at Leo's arm and that's when Sondra saw a glint of a shine on Victorias finger.

Sonny held her tongue, it was probably just a promise ring...right?

Ashton sensed her tension and took her hand. "Let's get back to the others."