27. Amy

The media has crowed outside the court. It was very difficult to pass through them. After pushing and being pushed we reached the parking. May comes and hugs me "I am so happy that you are finally free from that unwanted unfaithful marriage." May says with excitement. 

My adopted family come to parking place. They look at me with disgusting expression. I ignored their look. I continue to talk with May. "So, how was your experience to work as a manager?"

"It's tough. Now, I know why people finds it's difficult to work. Less salary. More working hours." May says. May belongs to wealthy family. She was spoilt from young age. Her father was worried about her expenses. So, he decided to cut May's spending by sending May to work and to earn by working. To experience the life of working class and to learn the value of hard work, time and money. Her father was very happy, when May understood the importance of hard work and money. At first she was lost. Don't know what to do and don't have job. I met her at a party, where she told me her problem. I offered her work at the jewelry shop where I work. At first, she found it hard to adjust. But, eventually she did. She started to enjoy working.

"I can totally understand that." I assure her. Even if we work extra time, the salary remains same. 

"Why are your family staring at you with death glare?" May says looking at my adopted family. They were looking at me with threatening death stares. I didn't greeted them or tried to talk to them. Before, when they used to get angry on me. I tried every way to please them. I did everything for them to make sure they are happy and satisfy by me. Even marrying Anthony against my will. Not anymore, I will not try to please them or take initiative to talk with them. I am not going to bend this time. I don't have, actually. Since they have announce the news of serving ties with me. I no longer have to satisfy their useless desires. I ignore their stares, thought they send shivers down my spine.

"Let's go. We have to celebrate your new found freedom." May says jumping with excitement. 

"Let's go to the new ice cream parlor." I say to May as we drive her car. While we driving, I texted Adam, to give him the good news. 'We won the case. I am free.' I sent him.

After few minutes, he replies, 'Wow. Congratulation. We should celebrate today.'

'Sure. I will come something special for dinner.' I reply him.

'I will be waiting.' He replies after few seconds.

Meanwhile, we reach the ice cream parlor. The smell of ice creams hits our nose when we enter the shop. We ordered our desserts, took it and goes to the table near by to eat and talk.

"Congratulation for freeing yourself from that self obsessed jerk." May says and click our ice creams.

"Thank you. It you hadn't shown up last minute. It would have been worst." I say to her. 

"Hey. You are welcome. Now tell me, whose car it was?" May interrogates. "Because, I know I was not with you that time. I was able to help you because the photo doesn't show the license number. If the number was visible I wouldn't able to help you. So, tell me the truth." May facts.

"You should keep it a secret." I say her slowly.

She nodded her head, "I promise I won't tell anyone."

"The car belong to..." I hesitate to say his name. But, I know May would keep this secret. I take a deep breath. "Adam Clark." 

"Adam Clark. The name sounds familiar." May exhales. "Adam Clark. As in. The Adam Clark. The founder of Clark Group. Business genius. That Adam Clark." I nod my head in agreement. "Wow Amy. You hit a jackpot." May says with super thrill. 

"Jackpot? What are talking about?" I question her. No way. "May. There's nothing going on between us. We are just friends. Okay. He helped me with so many things." I clarify it.

"Really?" She aske raising her eyebrows.

"Yes. We are just friends." I say. "Plus. I don't want to be in any relation right now. Even if, I will. Adam is way out of league. We belong to different worlds." I say clearly.

"You never know." May say. "But. I have remind to be careful. After all he is Adam Clark. The most powerful person of this city or entire nation." She warns me.

"Whatever. Right now, I want to explore myself. I want to know me." I say with determination. "My mission is to find what type of person I am?" I say with all seriousness. I don't want any relation. It's very hard for me, especially now, to trust someone. The life I been through is so much for me. At present I don't want to have any burden of relations. I want to know me better. I want to reform myself. I want to be a new person. I want to love myself more. To be my best version.

"It's great you are giving yourself that time." May says sincerely. "I just want you to know that I am always here for you no matter what." She genuinely says. 

"I know that. I know you are there for me." I say to her.