67. Adam

"Dan, release them." I ordered Dan.

Mrs. Grant. You should have listened to my warning and styed away from Amy. But you didn't. Tomorrow morning, you will understand what I was saying. Up to today, I kept quite for the sake of Grant family nurturing me. I didn't do anything, but you warn the person I love to leave me. I am not gonna sit and do nothing. That day, when I was abandoned by Grant family, our relation came to end.

The doorbell of the house rang. I open the door. It was the delivery guy. Amy has ordered dinner for us. I take the dinner and put it on the table. She has ordered Italian food, my favorite. Trying to improve my mood, ah! Where is she? I knock on her room's door. She opens the door. "Dinner's here." I inform her.

"Okay." She come out of the room, closing door behind her. We silently ate dinner. Amy was checking on me from time to time. She knows I am in bad mood. She is giving me space. I am grateful for it. Instead of talking with me, she is giving time. Alone. To sort out my mood. To calm myself.

"Do you want to talk?" Amy asks, after we ate. She sound very slow. 

"Let's talk later." I say to her. 

"Okay." She nods her head and head back to her room. I went to my study, waiting for Dan's message. After few minute, I received 'done' message from him. Great. Tomorrow morning, all the news program will show this breaking news. A sinner smirk on my face. It will be fun.

I came out of study, instead of going back to my room, I went to Amy's room. Her door was unlock. I slowly went inside her room. She was lying on the bed. Must be asleep. I went to the bed and lied beside her. She must have sensed it. She became alert when I slid my hand on her waist pulling her to me. She stiffens under my touch. She stopped breathing, "Relax, it's me." I whisper in her eyes. She relaxes a little after hearing my voice.

"Why are you here?" She ask. She back facing me.

"I am in bad mood." I say, digging myself in her hairs. Smell of her shampoo hits my nose. I pull her closer to me. Putting my weight on her. She is still tense, I rub my hand on her stomach. Her nervousness fading. She relaxes. I continues to rub her stomach. 

"Adam, is your relationship with your family that bad? That you call your grandmother, Mrs. Grant?" Amy asks, innocently. I really like her innocence. Knowing that she was controlled by her so called family. She has never experience living on her own. She was always told by others to do things. In a way she has always been dependent on others. She has never met many people or experience things or even experience life. She has started to live for herself, I know sometimes it's get difficult, you don't know whether you can trust the person in front of you. I hope she don't trust people with bad intentions and do something for them out of kindness and get into trouble. That's my biggest fear. Her innocence and willingness to trust others. It's something I didn't have. It's also the thing I am worried about, that's also the reason why I want to protect her. Amy always see goodness in everyone whereas I see the bad in everyone. She is bright light whereas I am dark shadow. We are like yin-yang. Balancing each other.

"It's bad." I answer, almost whispering.

"Did something happen?" She asks and turn to face me. We are face to face. Looking straight in each other's eyes. I was hesitant to say. She puts her hand on my cheeks. Her palms are warm. It brings warmth to my heart. "Adam, you know you can trust me, right?" 

"I trust you, Amy." 

"Then, you can tell me anything you want to. I am willing to listen. Even if I can't help you much, I will try my best to listen and support you." Amy says with determination.

"Do you want to hear?" I ask.

She nods. I'm hesitant.

"Adam, you can talk to me anytime you want. If you feel difficult to talk now, it's okay. We can talk whenever you are ready." Amy assure me.

Her assurance puts me in ease. I am really lucky to have her in my life. Someone who understand me so well.

"You are very kind." I tell her. She smiles.

"Adam, can I ask you something?" Amy says after few minutes. 

"Yes, honey." I call her. 

"Honey? Seriously?" Amy raises her eyebrows.

"Yeah. Is it bad?" 

"Forget it. I want to ask you, is it wrong to be kind?" Her question stuns me.

"Why do you ask?" I ask her. 

"It's just..."

"It's not wrong to be kind, Amy. Especially you. It's not that people are born bad, it's just the situation that makes them bad."

"Like you?"

"Me?" 

"You are not cold person. Maybe something happened due to which you are cold." Amy concludes.

I laugh. "Bingo."

"Am I right?" Amy question curiously, her eyes sparkles with curiosity.

"You are." I tell "I was like any normal child. Something happen that made me turn into who I am." The last line was a reminder to me.

"You are also kind person. You helped me when I had nothing. You gave me a place in your house and also in your heart." Amy says. I kiss her. My lips sucking her lower lips. 

After we break from our kiss, we gaze each other lovingly. "Adam, do you love me?" Amy asks me. 

"Why are you asking?" I was honestly surprised hearing this question. "Do you think I am not serious about us?" I ask.

"Your grandmother told me that I am not worthy of you. That I am a plaything, you will threw me away after you get bored from me?"

"Do you think I would do something like this?"