28. Amy

After spending wonderful time with May, the time pass to quickly. I hailed a taxi and reach Adam's apartment. I promised Adam for a special dinner, but now I am late. I won't be able to cook dinner for him. I didn't even brought groceries. I feel bad about it. Maybe tomorrow I will. I will apologize to him. I opened the door of the apartment. A delicious smell hits my nose. What this smell? It's really smells so nice. I went to kitchen. I was surprised by the sight. I couldn't believe the sight infront of me. It's surprising.

The table was fully covered with different cuisines. It's a feast. "What is this?" My mouth start to water with all these delicious food. 

"You are back. Welcome." Adam says coming out of kitchen with dishes in his hand. 

"Did you cooked all them all?" I ask with utter surprise. 

"Yes. Why?" Adam keeps the dish which was on his hand. "Well, you promised me a special dinner. You were late. So, I cooked it for us." He says settling the table.

"I am so sorry. I did promise you the dinner. But, I met May and we started talking. I lost the track of time. I am so sorry." I apologize.

"I can understand. You won the case. You were excited. That's why I cooked. You can also taste the food I cook." He says taking his seat.

"Well. Thank you for the lovely dinner." I say taking seat. "Why did you cook so much? We both can't eat this all. It will be wasted." I say.

"It won't be." He says and the door bell rings. He goes to open the door. When Adam comes back, he was not alone. Logan was with him. There's a beautiful girl beside Logan. They were little shock when they saw me here, especially the girl. I was also taken a back by their visit. I gave them an awkward smile. I didn't knew they were coming. 

"Amy, You know Logan." I nod my head. "Now, meet Emily. My dear friend and Logan's girlfriend. Emily meet Amy, my friend" Adam introduce us.

"Hi." I greet them with a smile.

 "What are we waiting for? Let's dig in. The food will get cold." Adam say takes his seat. Logan and the girl who I met first time sit as well. We sat in silence.

Adam clears his throat and raise his glass. "Well. Today's dinner is to congratulate Amy for taking a step towards her own happiness." He toasts.

"Thanks for the toast." I say to Adam. 

"What are we celebrating?" Emily asks curiously. I was silent, Adam and Logan kept looking at me. There was some weird tension in the air. For few seconds.

"My divorce." I say to cut off the tension.

"You are divorced?" Emily says with surprise. Her tone got a beat loud.

"Yes. I got divorce today from my cheating husband." I say and took a sip of wine from the glass.

"Cheating husband? Wait." Emily pauses before continuing. "Is your husband Anthony Brent?"

"Ex husband." I correct her. "Yes. How did you know?

"It's in the news." Emily says.

"In the news?" I ask with curiosity.

"Yes. All media are talking about it." Emily says and shows me her phone. All the media channels were reporting about it. Many articles were published on it. Everyone was talking about Anthony's relation with Page. How they tried to put the blame on me. Their photos and video were viral on the internet. I was happy. My heart felt satisfied. Is it wrong for me to feel like that? It is actually perfectly normal. I didn't cheated him. He did. Now, he is facing the consequences. What you are feeling is perfectly normal.

"I want to ask you." Emily looks at me her big eyes. "How did you won the case?" Logan and Adam looks at me.

"Well. I had proof against him. Those photos and video, I was the one who found it and give it to Nora." I say. "Also. The case of other side was weak from the very beginning. They only have that one photo. The only evidence they had was that one photo. Whereas I had many evidence against him. So. I guess I won the case because of it." I say.

"Well. You are finally free from that relation. You can now start to live your own life." Adam says looking at me. "To your new beginning." He says and takes a sip of wine from his glass.

"Thank you. To the new beginning." I say and do the same.

Logan clears his throat. "Congratulation on your new found freedom." He says. "There's also another reason for the celebration." He says with no emotion. He sound serious. I look at Adam, who was looking at me with big smile plastered on his face. "I would... take this opportunity to announce that." He pause for a moment look at Adam. Adam give him a go signal. What's going on? Something is definitely going on. What does Logan wants to announce? Is this about the job? My heart start to pound harder. 

"Amy. It would be a great honor for us if you come and work under Shine Jewelers." Logan finishes.

I couldn't believe what I heard. "I got the job?" I ask him. 

"Yes. You did." Logan says with a smile. My eyes got wide and big. I couldn't believe it. Is this a dream. Oh God. I don't want to wake up if it's a dream.

"Congratulations on double good news." Adam says. 

"Wait. Seriously? I got the job." I ask him again. It's hard to believe.

"Yes. You did." Emily says this time. "Your designs were so unique and innovative. I liked it in seconds. We had a meeting, as formality, showed your designs to everyone. The whole team liked it. And decide to take you in." 

"Thank you so much. You have no idea what it means to me." I say to them. "It's definitely a day to remember. Thank you." My happiness knowns no bound.