✎...ʙʟᴏꜱꜱᴏᴍ

─•~❉ᴡᴏᴏʏᴏᴜɴɢ❉~•─

─•~❉ᴡᴏᴏʏᴏᴜɴɢ❉~•─

- two years later -

Two years had indeed brought change. The vibrant streets of Seoul felt alive, especially under the warm embrace of spring. Cherry blossoms, like delicate pink confetti, painted the scene with a touch of magic. As I watched a petal gently land on my daughter's hair, the world seemed to slow for a moment.

Her little hand tugged at mine, her energy boundless as we walked through the park. It had been a difficult journey to this point—countless therapy sessions to navigate the grief of losing not just our unborn child but also the relationship with San that unraveled in the aftermath. Time, they say, heals, or at least it teaches you how to bear the weight of loss.

I brushed my longer hair out of my face, a habit from when stress and sorrow had once made me almost forget to care for myself. Now, looking at my daughter, with her bright eyes and the way her small features mirrored those of her father, my heart swelled with a bittersweet joy.

"Daddy, look—" she exclaimed, her voice a melody over the soft whisper of the breeze. The petals continued to fall, adorning her dark hair with nature's own accessories.

I knelt down to her level, pulling her into a gentle hug. "I see, love. It's beautiful, isn't it?" My voice was soft, my words as much for her as they were for me. Her innocence and wonder at the world around her brought a healing I hadn't known I needed.

"Yes! Can we take some home?" she asked, her eyes wide with excitement.

"Of course, we can," I smiled, helping her gather a few of the prettier petals into her small hands. As we collected them, I thought of San. He had been a part of this journey in ways he might never fully understand. Our paths had diverged, yet here I was, finding new paths with our daughter.

Life had moved on in unexpected ways. It hadn't been easy stepping into single parenthood, but every day brought its own rewards, its own challenges. Watching her grow, teaching her about the world, filled many of the spaces that grief had once hollowed out.

As we stood up, ready to continue our walk, I took a moment to look around, feeling the peace of the park settle around us. Seoul, with all its vibrancy and life, mirrored back the growth and resilience I had fought so hard to find within myself. I held my daughter's hand a little tighter, grateful for the present, hopeful for the future, and always mindful of the past that shaped us.

As we approached the library, my mind swirled with memories and what-ifs. It had been a twist of fate indeed—discovering my pregnancy so soon after San and I had parted ways. The shock had been profound, but the decision to proceed alone was firm, shaped by our silent disconnection and the haunting absence of a follow-up after that unanswered call.

San's absence in our daughter's life wasn't planned, but the brief, unexpected conversation with another man when I tried to reach him had sealed that chapter for me. It was clear, at least in that moment of emotional turmoil, that I needed to focus on the future directly in front of me. Now, two years later, our lives had moved forward in parallel silences, save for the echo of what once was.