✎...ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ

─•~❉ᴡᴏᴏʏᴏᴜɴɢ❉~•─

─•~❉ᴡᴏᴏʏᴏᴜɴɢ❉~•─

The moment I stepped out of the hospital, the fresh air felt like a gentle caress after the sterile confines I'd become all too familiar with. There, San and Hwa-Young waited for me, a sight that instantly lifted my spirits. Hwa-Young's smile shone brightly, her small hands clutching a bouquet of big, colorful flowers just for me. I paused, taking in the scene, overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude. I was truly the luckiest man, blessed with the most supportive husband and a daughter whose presence could light up my world like no one else ever had.

Today marked a significant milestone—my last day of chemotherapy. It symbolized not just the end of my treatments but also the conclusion of those grueling days spent navigating the physical and emotional toll of my illness. Today, I was no longer just going through the motions of those difficult days, where I felt unable to contribute or be the person I wanted to be for my family.

As I approached them, I caught San's eye, finding in his gaze a well of strength and reassurance. I could see the quiet joy in his expression, his relief mirroring my own. The slight exhaustion from today's session began to seep into my limbs, but it was overshadowed by the wave of love I felt as I wrapped my arms around both Hwa-Young and San. I held them tightly, taking a deep breath, the scent of the flowers mingling with the familiar and comforting smell of home that San always carried.

"Thank you for being here," I murmured, my voice muffled against San's shoulder. "For everything."

San's arms tightened around me, his hand gently patting my back. "We're just happy you're okay, love. We've got you, always," he whispered back, his voice steady and soothing.

Hwa-Young, nestled against us, chimed in with her usual cheerfulness, "Daddy, are you going to be home now every day?" Her innocence and straightforward questions always had a way of simplifying the complexities of life.

"Yes, princess," I replied, pulling back slightly to look at her beaming face. "I'm going to be home and get stronger every day. We'll have so much time together now."

Her delight was palpable as she threw her arms around my neck once again, the flowers pressing between us. "I made a new drawing for you, Daddy! It's us, and there's a big sun because daddy said today is a happy day!"

As we walked towards the car, their support was a tangible force that seemed to carry me forward. The sun was setting, casting a warm glow over the day, a natural celebration of the journey I had just completed. Today was not just about endings but also about new beginnings and the promise of recovered days spent with the people who meant the world to me. As we drove away from the hospital, the building receding in the rearview mirror, I felt a profound sense of closure and a burgeoning hope for the future. We were together, and that was everything.

We drove away from the hospital, the light of the setting sun filtered through the car windows, casting a warm, comforting glow inside. My eyes occasionally drifted to the rearview mirror where I could see Hwa-Young making faces at San, trying to make him laugh. Watching them interact, my heart swelled with love and pride. Hwa-Young's resilience and boundless joy had been a beacon for us through the darkest times. Her laughter, uninhibited and frequent, filled the car and lifted the shadows that lingered after months of treatment.