✎...ᴅᴇᴠᴏᴛɪᴏɴ

─•~❉ᴄʜᴏɪ ꜱᴀɴ❉~•─

─•~❉ᴄʜᴏɪ ꜱᴀɴ❉~•─

The next morning, I was roused from a deep sleep by gentle touches on my face and the soft warmth of breath against my neck. As my eyes fluttered open, I found Wooyoung beside me, planting soft kisses along my neck, each one accompanied by a contented sigh. The tenderness of his touch and the quiet intimacy of the moment were a blissful continuation of the previous night's closeness.

Today was special—we were spending a summer break day with Hwa-Young at his parents' house. There was a palpable excitement in the air as we prepared to see our daughter, who was blossoming into a remarkably intelligent and strong young girl. Her presence brought immense joy and pride to our lives, especially to Wooyoung, who found deep solace and happiness in her growth and the kind soul she was becoming.

Hwa-Young had a way of offering support that seemed beyond her years. Her words, though she thought them simple, often carried such weight and warmth that they moved Wooyoung to tears of joy. In the quiet of the night, he would often reflect on her development, overwhelmed with gratitude for the loving and caring soul she was turning into—exactly who he had hoped she would be, with so much love to give.

"Good morning, my beautiful husband—ready for today with Hwa-Young? We'll put together the big dollhouse gift at Grandma's house for her," I whispered softly, my voice tinged with excitement at the thought of our daughter's joy.

"She's going to be thrilled with the dollhouse—she mentioned it every day, and I managed to find the exact one she wanted," he responded, his happiness evident as he sat up in bed, his eyes sparkling with anticipation.

"And there's something else," I added gently, watching his expression change. "Tomorrow is your last chemotherapy session. How are you feeling about it?" My tone was soft, careful, acknowledging the gravity of the milestone.

A smile slowly spread across his face as he nodded, his eyes misting over. "I'm at a loss for words—I'm just..." he began, pausing as he looked down, overcome with emotion. "I'm happy to be alive," he finished, his voice a grateful whisper.

I reached out, taking his hand in mine, squeezing it reassuringly. "And we're so grateful for every day with you," I assured him, my voice thick with emotion. "Your courage has been inspiring. Tomorrow is a big day, but remember, we're in this together. Always."

Wooyoung lifted his gaze to meet mine, his eyes reflecting a mix of relief and love, underscored by the quiet strength he had cultivated through his treatment. "Thank you," he said, steadier now. "For everything—your love, your support, for being my rock. It's made all the difference."

We shared a moment of silent understanding, a deep connection that went beyond words, filled with the promise to keep facing whatever came our way, together. Ahead of us lay a day full of simple joys, like assembling Hwa-Young's dream dollhouse—a beautiful reminder of the precious moments that made up our life together.