✎...ꜰᴇᴀʀ

─•~❉ᴄʜᴏɪ ꜱᴀɴ❉~•─

─•~❉ᴄʜᴏɪ ꜱᴀɴ❉~•─

Few Moments Later

The doctors rushed around him, a flurry of activity and urgent commands. I stepped back, feeling the chaos swirl around me, rooted in place as fear gripped my heart. I leaned against the wall, my legs barely supporting me, my breath coming in shallow gasps. I couldn't even look directly at the scene, the long, unbroken line on the monitor etched into my memory, a haunting image of desperation.

"Clear!" someone shouted, and I flinched as they delivered another shock to his chest. The room was filled with a tense, focused energy, every second ticking by with unbearable weight.

I turned my head, forcing myself to look at Wooyoung lying there, motionless, surrounded by the medical team fighting to bring him back to life. The long, continuous beep of the monitor seemed to echo in my ears, each moment a stark reminder of the fragility of life.

"Come on, come on," I heard one of the doctors mutter under their breath, the urgency in their voice slicing through the fog of fear that enveloped me.

Time seemed to stretch and contract in those moments, every second feeling like an eternity. I pressed my back harder against the wall, wishing I could do something, anything, to help. My mind raced with memories of our life together, the thought of losing him an unbearable weight on my chest.

My heart pounded twice as hard as I watched the scene unfold before me. One of the doctors moved the defibrillator away, then climbed onto the bed, straddling Wooyoung and beginning to perform CPR. The sight was both terrifying and surreal, a stark contrast to the calm moments we had shared just a short time ago.

"Come on, stay with us," the doctor urged, pressing down rhythmically on Wooyoung's chest. Each compression was a desperate attempt to bring him back, the intensity of the moment reflected in every furrowed brow and focused gaze in the room. The tension was palpable, the only sounds being the doctor's counting and the relentless beeping of the monitors.

I leaned heavily against the wall, my legs threatening to give way beneath me. My vision blurred with tears as I watched them fight for his life. Each second stretched into an agonizing eternity, my heart pounding in my chest, echoing the rhythm of the CPR.

"Clear!" The call came again, and I flinched as they administered another shock, the jolt causing Wooyoung's body to twitch violently on the bed.

I couldn't tear my eyes away from the long, flat line on the monitor, a visual representation of the life that was slipping away. The stark contrast of the green line against the dark screen was etched into my memory, a haunting image that I knew would never fade.

"Come on, Wooyoung," I whispered, my voice breaking, willing him to respond. "You have to come back. Please, come back to me."

"Pulse check!" another doctor called, their voice breaking through the fog of my despair. The doctor performing CPR paused, fingers pressed against Wooyoung's neck, searching for a sign of life.