✎...ᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇꜱ

─•~❉ᴄʜᴏɪ ꜱᴀɴ❉~•─- one week later -

─•~❉ᴄʜᴏɪ ꜱᴀɴ❉~•─
- one week later -

I drove back home from the studio, my mind filled with thoughts of Wooyoung and Hwa-Young. Balancing work and taking care of my family was challenging, but I loved them so deeply that every effort was worth it. Wooyoung was incredibly strong, fighting for us every day. Being happily married to him, my husband and best friend, was something I never thought I'd have, and it filled me with profound gratitude.

He was everything I wanted and more, and I often found myself reminiscing about our high school days, his stubbornness, and the way he laughed when we danced in this house for the first time after I bought it. We had learned to love and grow together, navigating through all our ups and downs.

Memories of high school and our old apartment surfaced in my mind—the day I told him I loved him, how beautiful and emotional he was, and how we fought so hard for our relationship. The heartbreak we endured when we lost our little girl had been the darkest time, and the grief had nearly torn us apart. But now that we were back together, I knew I would never let him go.

Driving through the gate of our home, I reminded myself that Hwa-Young was staying late at her nursery for a little drawing club with her friends. I turned off the engine and noticed the nurse's car parked in the driveway, a sign that she was checking on Wooyoung after his hospital visit last week.

Stepping inside the house, I took off my shoes and quietly made my way to the living room. There, I saw Wooyoung asleep on the sofa, the nurse moving about, tidying up and checking his vitals. Wooyoung was holding a photo album I had never seen before. I approached him, kissing his head softly, and gently pulled the blanket over him, taking the album from his grasp.

The nurse smiled at me, her expression kind and understanding. "He's been doing well," she whispered. "Just resting a lot, which is good for his recovery."

"Thank you for taking care of him," I replied softly. She nodded and quietly gathered her things, leaving us in the peaceful quiet of the house.

I settled into a chair nearby, opening the photo album carefully. The pages were filled with memories—pictures of our high school days, our first apartment, moments of joy, and even some of the harder times. Each photo was a testament to our journey together, a visual representation of the love and strength that had carried us through so much.

One particular photo caught my eye—it was from the day I told Wooyoung I loved him. His eyes were filled with tears, but there was a smile on his face, a mixture of joy and relief. I remembered that day vividly, how we had clung to each other, promising to face everything together.

As I flipped through more pages, I found a section dedicated to Hwa-Young. Her baby photos, her first steps, her birthdays. Each picture was a reminder of the miracle she was, a beacon of light in our lives. I felt a surge of love and determination, knowing that everything we had been through had led us to this moment.