✎...ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇ

─•~❉ᴡᴏᴏʏᴏᴜɴɢ❉~•─

─•~❉ᴡᴏᴏʏᴏᴜɴɢ❉~•─

Early morning, I blinked my eyes open and saw the clock displaying four in the morning. The appointment today was scheduled earlier than usual, around five, and I needed to leave soon to discuss the treatment plan and understand how the first round would work, as well as the blood work results and the progression of my leukemia.

I rubbed my face, feeling the weight of the past few days pressing down on me. Keeping quiet about my diagnosis had been incredibly hard. I had been waiting for the right moment, specifically when Hwa-Young would be at her sleepover with Hongjoong and his little cousin, to tell San openly about my condition. The fear of his reaction and the impact on our lives loomed large, despite my promise to always be honest with him.

As I sat up in bed, I glanced over at San, who was still peacefully asleep. His calm breathing and the way he looked so serene in slumber made my heart ache with the thought of burdening him with the news. But I knew that delaying it any further would only make things worse.

Quietly, I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to freshen up. The cold water on my face helped clear my mind slightly, giving me the focus I needed to get through the morning. I dressed quickly and grabbed a few necessary items, including my medical documents, before heading to the kitchen to prepare a quick breakfast.

The kitchen was dimly lit, the early morning light just beginning to filter through the windows. I made myself a cup of tea and some toast, but the nervous energy in my stomach made it hard to eat. I sipped the tea slowly, trying to calm myself, mentally rehearsing what I needed to ask and understand at the hospital.

After a few minutes, I heard soft footsteps behind me. Turning, I saw San standing in the doorway, his hair tousled from sleep, concern evident in his eyes.

"Why are you up so early?" he asked, his voice thick with sleep. "Is everything okay?"

"I want to get married," I blurted out, gripping my cup tightly. The words hung in the air, surprising both of us with their suddenness. I knew why I was asking—fear and the desire for security, for a sense of permanence in an uncertain time. It felt selfish to bring it up now, but the fear of the unknown had pushed me to this moment.

San looked over at me, his eyes widening slightly as he processed my words. He didn't say anything right away, and the silence felt heavy with unspoken thoughts and emotions.

"You want to get married—you're telling me this at four in the morning. Are you sure?" San asked, stepping closer, his eyes searching mine for confirmation.

I nodded, feeling the weight of my decision in every fiber of my being. "I'm sure," I replied, my voice steady despite the emotions swirling within me. "I want it—I want to spend my life with you."

San studied me for a moment, his expression softening as he saw the sincerity in my eyes. He reached out, gently cupping my face in his hands. "I've always wanted that too," he said softly. "But why now?"