✎...ᴜɴᴄᴏɴᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ

─•~❉ᴄʜᴏɪ ꜱᴀɴ❉~•─

─•~❉ᴄʜᴏɪ ꜱᴀɴ❉~•─

In the middle of the night, I sat by the bed in a comfortable chair, a small lamp casting a warm glow over the pages of my book. Wooyoung lay beside me, occasionally letting out a cough or an uncomfortable whimper in his sleep. He kept tossing and turning, and each restless movement broke my heart a little more. I wished I could take away all his pain, letting him finally find the rest he so desperately needed.

As I turned a page, I reached for my tea and took a small sip, savoring the warmth. Suddenly, Wooyoung started coughing uncontrollably, his body shaking with each harsh sound. He slowly leaned on his elbow, trying to catch his breath, and I immediately put my book and tea aside, my concern intensifying.

"Hey, hey, it's okay," I said softly, moving quickly to his side. I rubbed his back in soothing circles, hoping to ease the fit. "Take deep breaths, love. I'm here."

His coughing eventually subsided, and he lay back down, panting softly. I handed him a glass of water, which he sipped gratefully. His eyes, tired and full of pain, met mine.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, his voice hoarse. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"You didn't wake me up, I've been up in case you need me. It's okay, love," I whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to his forehead. "Do you want to cuddle in my chair? I can read to you."

Wooyoung looked up at me, his eyes softening with appreciation. He nodded slightly, a small smile playing on his lips despite his exhaustion. "I'd like that," he whispered back.

I helped him sit up and guided him to the comfortable chair by the lamp. He settled into the chair, and I nestled in beside him, wrapping my arms around him and pulling the blanket over us both. He rested his head on my shoulder, finding a comfortable position.

I picked up my book again, adjusting the lamp to cast a gentle light over the pages. "Alright, where were we?" I murmured, finding the spot where I had left off. I began to read, my voice soft and steady, hoping the story would provide a distraction and some comfort.

As I read, I felt Wooyoung's breathing become more even, the tension in his body slowly easing. Every now and then, I'd glance down to see him listening intently, his eyes fluttering closed intermittently. The words flowed, filling the quiet room with a peaceful cadence.

We stayed like that for a while, wrapped in the warmth of the blanket and each other's presence. The worries and fears of the night seemed to fade away, replaced by the simple act of sharing a story. Eventually, Wooyoung's breathing deepened, signaling that he had drifted back into a more restful sleep.

I continued to read softly, even after he fell asleep, savoring the moment of peace and closeness. The night was long, but in that chair, with Wooyoung in my arms, I felt a profound sense of contentment and love. We were in this together, and that made all the difference.