✎...ʟᴏɴɢɪɴɢ

─•~❉ᴄʜᴏɪ ꜱᴀɴ❉~•─

─•~❉ᴄʜᴏɪ ꜱᴀɴ❉~•─

Later in the evening, the moment I stepped back inside my apartment, I found Hongjoong and Seonghwa sitting and waiting patiently. Their presence was both a comfort and a source of my inner turmoil. I wasn't upset that they knew about Hwa-Young, but I was upset that they had hidden the fact from me, especially knowing that Wooyoung had tried contacting me a few times.

I dropped my keys into the bowl and hung up my jacket, kicking off my shoes with a sense of weariness. Confusion and turmoil swirled inside me, emotions I thought I had buried long ago resurfacing with full force. I had hoped to forget, to move on, to heal from the hurt and longing, but seeing Wooyoung again had shattered that illusion.

Taking a deep breath, I approached the living room. Hongjoong and Seonghwa looked tense, their expressions a mixture of guilt and concern. I plopped down on the other side of the sofa and table, watching them for a moment, trying to gather my thoughts and find the right words.

Hongjoong was the first to speak, his voice cautious and filled with regret. "We're sorry. We know we should have told you sooner, but we didn't know how to approach it."

Seonghwa nodded, his expression sincere and apologetic. "We only wanted to protect you. We saw how much you were hurting, and we thought it would be better to wait until you were ready."

I sighed, feeling the weight of their words and the depth of my own conflicted emotions. "I understand that you were trying to protect me, but I had a right to know. Hwa-Young is my daughter. I missed so much of her life because of this."

Hongjoong's eyes softened with sympathy, his regret palpable. "We thought you'd reach out to wooyoung sooner or later, that you'd find out when you were ready. But we misjudged it, and for that, we're really sorry."

I looked down, my fingers fidgeting with the hem of my shirt, trying to process everything. "It's just... seeing Wooyoung again, all those feelings came back. The hurt, the longing, everything I thought I had buried. It's all so overwhelming."

Seonghwa reached out, placing a comforting hand on mine. His touch was warm, a silent offer of support. "It's natural to feel that way. You have a history with Wooyoung, and seeing him again would stir up a lot of emotions. But maybe this is also a chance for healing."

I nodded, feeling a mixture of gratitude for their support and frustration for the situation. "I want to believe that. I want to try and rebuild, not just for Hwa-Young, but for myself too. But it's going to take time."

Hongjoong smiled gently, his eyes filled with understanding. "We'll be here for you, every step of the way. You don't have to go through this alone."

A small smile tugged at my lips, a tentative gesture of thanks. "Thank you. I appreciate that more than you know."

"So—San, how did Hwa-Young react towards you? And how was the conversation with Wooyoung?" Seonghwa asked, his curiosity evident. His tone was gentle, filled with genuine interest and concern.