✎...ᴘᴇᴀᴄꜰᴜʟ

─•~❉ᴄʜᴏɪ ꜱᴀɴ❉~•─

─•~❉ᴄʜᴏɪ ꜱᴀɴ❉~•─

The next day

Watching Wooyoung sitting on the garden swing in such a serene moment was both heartwarming and heart-wrenching. The soft sunlight bathed his face, highlighting the peaceful expression that rarely graced his features these days. His lips were slightly curled in a gentle smile, a rare moment of reprieve from the relentless cycle of chemotherapy and its taxing aftermath.

Since Hwa-Young had been at nursery and the house was unusually quiet, it offered a needed break, especially for Wooyoung who had been struggling more after each treatment. The nausea this time was notably worse, a relentless reminder of the toll the therapy took on his body.

I carried two warm cups of tea down the stairs, moving quietly towards him with a gentle smile. Setting one cup beside him, I brushed the blanket aside and took a seat next to him on the swing. I leaned in to give him a soft kiss on the lips, an affectionate gesture meant to comfort and reassure.

He seemed more pale than usual, his skin tone having changed drastically over the past few months. His hair, too, was in a constant state of flux—slowly growing back only to fall out again. He managed these changes with as much grace as he could muster, trying not to let them bring him down. Yet, I often caught him looking in the mirror with a kind of resigned sadness, observing the changes in his own appearance that reflected the harsh reality of his internal battle.

"How are you feeling?" I asked softly, handing him the warm cup of tea. I hoped the soothing warmth might ease some of his discomfort, even if just for a moment.

He took the cup, his hands slightly trembling, and managed a weak smile. "Better now," he said, his voice a whisper of gratitude. "It's nice out here, peaceful."

I nodded, wrapping my arm around his shoulders to pull him a little closer. "I thought a bit of fresh air might do you good," I replied. "It's quiet, peaceful. It's just us, and for a moment, we can pretend everything is normal."

Wooyoung leaned into me, resting his head on my shoulder. "I cherish these moments," he murmured. "It helps, having this... normalcy, even if it's fleeting."

We sat in silence for a while, sipping our tea and listening to the gentle rustle of leaves in the breeze. The garden, with its blooming flowers and the soft hum of bees, provided a natural sanctuary from the chaos of hospital visits and treatments.

"I'm here, always," I whispered after a while, feeling the weight of our situation yet finding strength in our bond. "Whatever you need, whenever you need me."

Wooyoung squeezed my hand, his grip conveying more than words ever could. "I know," he replied, his voice laden with emotion. "And I can't tell you how much that means to me."

As the sun began to set, casting long shadows across the garden, we remained on the swing, holding onto each other. The challenges ahead were daunting, but in moments like these, we found the strength to face another day, bolstered by the love and support we shared.