✎...ᴀꜰꜰᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

─•~❉ᴡᴏᴏʏᴏᴜɴɢ❉~•─

─•~❉ᴡᴏᴏʏᴏᴜɴɢ❉~•─

Over the past few days, I've been pushing myself to maintain my schedule of photoshoot appointments despite my physical weakness. I've needed just enough energy to engage with Hwa-Young and handle all my responsibilities smoothly. As I was sitting on a pillow on the studio floor, trying to capture a moment of the couple, my phone began to vibrate.

I looked down to see an unknown number flashing on the screen. Pulling myself up, I held my camera in one hand and with the other, I opened a message from my mother. She had been attempting to contact me numerous times ever since the incident two years ago when I fell down the stairs during my pregnancy.

She has been reaching out, hoping for reconciliation and asking for my forgiveness, but I've felt uncertain about how to respond or even how to start a conversation with her and my father again. I hesitated, then placed the phone back down, redirecting my focus to the photoshoot.

Just then, the woman I was photographing pointed something out on my face. Amid these professional and personal challenges, the chemotherapy treatments for my leukemia have been particularly draining these last few days, adding yet another layer of complexity to my life.

"You have some blood," the woman said, her tone concerned as she gestured towards my nose. Startled, I wiped my hand across my face and saw the blood on my fingers. Embarrassment mixed with frustration; this was the last thing I needed.

Quickly, I set my camera down on the pillow and pulled out a tissue from my pocket, pressing it to my nose to stem the bleeding. "I'm so sorry about this," I apologized to the couple, trying to maintain a semblance of professionalism despite the personal turmoil that was now physically manifesting.

"It's okay, do you need a minute?" the man asked, his voice full of genuine concern.

"Yes, thank you," I responded gratefully, feeling a bit overwhelmed. I took a few steps back, giving myself a moment to compose myself while San, who had been assisting with the shoot, came over with a concerned look.

"You should take a break," he suggested quietly, guiding me to a nearby bench. "I can handle things here for a bit."

"I will be fine, love," I said, shaking my head quickly with a smile to reassure San. But as soon as I spoke, I felt the warm trickle of blood slipping through my fingers. My eyes widened in alarm, and without another word, I rushed to the bathroom in the studio room, trying to keep the situation under control.

Inside the bathroom, I leaned over the sink, letting the blood drip away as I grabbed more tissues to staunch the flow. The sight of the bright red against the white porcelain was a stark reminder of my fragile state. I took deep breaths, trying to calm myself and stop the bleeding, but the nausea and dizziness from the effort made it harder to focus.

A soft knock on the door interrupted my attempts at composure. "Wooyoung, are you okay?" San's voice was gentle but laced with worry.

"I'm fine," I called back, my voice shaky. "Just give me a moment."