Chapter 15

It wasn't unusual for Lucy to call out of the blue, but Luca' needs to stop thinking that his sister was ever going to talk with an indoor voice whenever they're on the phone.

"Dae, you're going to blow out my eardrums like this," Luca had to push the phone away from his ear because of Lucy's volume.

"But Taya! Have you seen the comments! You've been getting recognition after that boy idol group you interviewed. But that's not the important one. Look at the comments between you and Taya or you and Kai!" She shrieked.

"There's no need to read them," he sighed as he nursed himself a flute of champagne.

He was having a leisurely day, indulging in the comfort of his own space. The air was filled with the invigorating fragrance of citrus, emanating from multiple diffusers strategically placed around his expansive balcony.

The soft glow of the pastel red lighting set a tranquil ambiance, casting a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Luxuriating on the generously sized, deep blue silk robe, he settled into the cushions of the plush, oversized couch that dominated one corner of the balcony.

Delicate fairy lights adorned the edges of the couch, cascading gently down the railings, casting a magical shimmer over the entire space.

The balcony was a small oasis within the bustling city, a serene space that Luca had carefully cultivated to provide a sense of peace and comfort. Potted plants of various sizes and shapes adorned the edges, adding a touch of greenery and life to the otherwise urban setting.

The plush couch, a deep indigo in color, provided a luxurious seating option, its cushions enveloping Luca in a cocoon of softness. A cashmere throw was draped over the back, its delicate fibers adding an extra layer of comfort. A small side table was within arm's reach, holding a bottle of freshly opened champagne.

From this vantage point, Luca could gaze out at the twinkling city lights, the distant hum of the metropolis providing a soothing backdrop to his thoughts.

"Oh, come on, Taya! You're not telling me you haven't seen the images and speculations about you and Taya. It's everywhere!" Lucy exclaimed, her voice laced with amusement.

"Images? Speculations?" Luca raised an eyebrow, a hint of curiosity creeping into his tone. "What are they saying?"

Lucy's laughter bubbled through the phone. "Oh, you know, the usual. People are analyzing every interaction, every glance. They're convinced you two are secretly in love and that your show is just a front for your undying passion for each other. It's quite entertaining, to be honest."

Luca leaned back into the comfort of the plush cushions, allowing a small smile to play on his lips.

"Let them be," he echoed, the hint of amusement evident in his voice. He took another sip of the champagne, relishing its calming warmth as he listened to Lucy's infectious laughter on the other end of the line.

"They're kinda funny," she giggled, "someone made a meme out of Kai and you when Kai almost called you 'Taya'. And they didn't even edit out the 'dae' or that you cursed, lol."

Luca couldn't help but chuckle at the thought. "Oh, that one," he remarked, his amusement evident in his voice. "I have to admit, that slip-up was quite unexpected. Kai didn't slip up last time, but I guess he was too excited."

Lucy laughed, her voice filled with mirth. "And your reaction! It was hilarious!"

Luca laughed along. "Yeah, I guess I wasn't expecting him to say that."

The two siblings just sat there in silence.

"You should call him Taya. He's older than you," Luca said as he looked into the twinkling lights.