XVII

It was dark and quiet.

The silence and the gaping darkness pressed against him from all sides making him suffocate.

This tense heaviness caused the mind to be incapable of thinking straight, to reason. And panic gripped him.

Obsessive thoughts could not stop appearing in front of him. The bad was getting worse and he could not stand it.

He opened his eyes. Staring at the ceiling. The moon illuminated the room. Everything was quiet and calm. Only him. Only his mind was clouded by anxiety.

But from what you might ask?

Exactly.

We don't know.

Because he doesn't know.

Because what he fears is the unknown. Nobody knows what happens in the future, and he is afraid of the future. Because it's unpredictable. Because he no longer knows what is going on. He doesn't know if his deeds are his own. He doesn't know if his thoughts are his own.

The lump tightens in his throat. The air becomes stuffy and hot. He needs fresh air, he wants to open a window, but his body refuses to obey him. He lays in his bed paralysed. And the unbearable fizzling in his mind does not stop. He wants to get up! Why can't he move? Why can't he control his body?!

He saw a dark shadow passing from the corner of his eye and his blood ran cold. His eyes dart around the room looking for the monster that is lurking in his room.

In far corner there was a figure menacingly standing there. He could not make out who or what it was until it stepped closer.

The light casted by the moon fell on him and he finally recognised him. Only one person had such features.

It was Soviet.

The Russian stepped closer and closer to him.

"Union!" The reich wanted to exclaim but no sound came from his throat. He wanted to rush into his embrace and hide. He wanted to apologise, to beg for forgiveness thus he lost control. He wanted to.. he wanted to...

However the relief he felt was cut short. Soviet just looked at him stone faced. Only his eyes burned in anger.

"Why did you do it, Reich?" He asked and his face distorted. Blood flowed from his right eye down his cheeks, dripping from his chin to the floor.

"Why did you do this to me?" He asked slightly louder. And Reich wanted to answer him, but he couldn't, nor his body wouldn't let him, nor he wouldn't know what he would even say. He just looked at Soviet wide eyed breathing heavily.

"WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER ME?" He yelled. And terrible smell of gunpowder and blood filled the air.

"YOU DID THIS TO ME!" And his face started losing weight. His cheekbones stuck out and big dark circle appeared under his now only eye.

"You betrayed me, Reich. And you'll pay for it." Suddenly he lounged at him and grabbed his neck.

No! Please, Soviet I didn't mean to. You don't understand! I don't understand... It's none of my doing. Please! You have to believe me!

However, Soviet was not a mindreader. His hands pressed against the helpless german's neck drawing away the air provided for his lungs.

"It's all your fault.. All your fault... If it weren't for you.. If it weren't for me.." Soviet kept muttering under his breath. Reich felt his vision getting darker and his eyes started to roll back.

"I'M COMING FOR YOU, REICH, AND WHEN I FIND YOU, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU. THERE WILL BE NO PLACE FOR YOU TO EVER LAY YOUR HEAD DOWN TO REST. YOU MUST SUFFER TILL MY BODY AND BONES DECOMPOSE UNDER THE FERTILE SOIL OF THE RUSSIAN LAND. YOUR NAME AND FACE WILL BE EMBEDDED INTO EVERY SINGLE RUSSIAN PERSON'S MEMORY SO YOUR SOUL MAY NEVER REST IN PEACE." He shouted right into his ears.

The hands abruptly disappeared from his neck. Reich panted fast and harsh. It took him a moment to come to his senses. When he looked up again he saw Soviet hovering over him holding a knife in his hands. The blade reflected the shine of the moon. And that was the moment when Reich finally found his voice.

"WAIT! No! Listen to me! I didn't want any of this!" He begged desperately.

"Too late." Union said coldly and held up the knife above his head ready to strike.

Reich closed his eyes tightly. So this is the end he thought. His soul was filled with sadness and hopelessness. You know what? He deserves it. He can't wash down all these cruelties that was done under his name. It didn't matter if he ordered them or not. It happened under his ruling. Soviet had every right to kill him.

But the blow never came, instead malicious laughter was heard. Reich slowly opened his eyes.

Instead of Soviet NSDAP was sitting atop of him with a knife. His screeching laughter ringed in his ears.

"Look at you! How pathetic you are!" He said wiping tears away from his eyes. Finally Reich could feel his limps again so he quickly crawled his way out of the bed. He stood tense distancing himself from NSDAP. Confusion washed over him. Again, he does not know what is happening. He looked at NSDAP with warring eyes

"What? Can't you take a joke?"

"What the hell was that about?!"

"Oh come on, don't be a showstopper it was funny."

"NO IT WAS NOT. Reich was growing hysterical. "Did you just try to kill me?"

"Me? Trying to kill you? Don't be stupid. I have no use of killing you."

"Then why the fuck did you do this?"

"Do what? A man can't have their fair share of amusement these days?"

"Moreover, why are you in my room at the dead of night? You scared the shit out of me!"

"Well, the least I could say is.. because of boredom?"

"You drive me crazy with your antics!" Reich sat down on the bed facing away from NSDAP holding his head in his hands.

NSDAP crept behind him and put his hand on his back. Reich flinched from the touch.

"No need to be offended, princess. It was just a joke."

"Go to hell." NSDAP's eyes darkened.

"I won't, but you will." A shiver went down on Reich's spine. With that NSDAP stood up and walked out of the room leaving Reich all alone, and Reich was glad that he was gone.

He sat down to the floor with his back next to the bed and brought his knees up to his chest.

Well, he definitely won't go to sleep after this...