Chapter 1: The Beginning of a New Life

Junior High Athletics Meet
Sometime in May, 2011

A small group of friends was sitting at the bleachers. Their eyes gazed at the court with a net in the middle. One side was filled with a team of players trying to get the ball to the other side of the court. The same went with their opponents on the other side.

This small group of friends contained two boys and four girls. All boys wore the exact same outfit as Yoshihiro wore earlier. All girls wore the exact same outfit Hiroka was wearing earlier. The only exceptions were pictures of themselves in their ID necklaces.

One of the boys was Yoshihiro.

Another boy had peach skin, black straight hair with an uppercut, and black-framed glasses.

The first girl had brown hair that laid up until her waist, brown eyes and peach skin.

The second girl had red auburn hair that laid up until the bottom of her chest, red auburn eyes and fair skin. She wore glasses.

The third girl had peach skin with hazelnut hair tied into a high wavy ponytail. Her hair laid up until her hips and it also has side bangs. Her eyes were brown.

The fourth girl was Hiroka. Her back leaned towards the seat's backrest. Her head slightly tilted towards the left side. Her eyes were closed and her mouth slightly opened. Her hands rest on her thighs.

As Yoshihiro, the boy, the first girl, the second girl and the third girl watched the volleyball match, smiles appeared on their faces as the ball landed on the opponents' net.

The team containing boys with black and purple volleyball jerseys let out a victorious cheer as they huddled in circles. "Yeah!"

On the scoreboard, the team labelled as "Sumātoachībā" earned themselves another point. The score right now was 24 with their opponent team's score being 23.

Upon seeing this, happiness spread across the girls' faces.

"It's our match point!" the first girl said.

"One more point and they'll win the second round!" the second girl said.

The first girl turned to the second girl. "They'll finally win, right, Hana?"

The second girl, known as Hana, turned to the first girl. "Hai. Kairi-san."

Then, Hana and the first girl, known as Kairi, turned back to the match.

"Let's put our faith in them, then they'll move on to the next round," Hana said.

Kairi nodded. "Hai."

Yoshihiro's proud smile appeared on his face as he clapped his hands. "Nice kill, Nobutoshi!"

Nobutoshi was one of the players in Sumātoachībā. He had tan skin with brown slight curly hair and brown eyes. He wore a a black and purple volleyball jersey shirt with matching shorts. For the shirt, the purple part was in the middle while the black part was on the sides of his body. For the shorts, the black part was in the middle and the purple part was on the sides. On the upper left of each of the boys' jersey shirt was the "ics" symbol. On the other side was the kanji that meant "Sumātoachībā." The number "5" was printed in the middle front and back of the jersey shirt.

Nobutoshi had spiked the ball the setter had tossed for him. He had earned his team a match point.

Nobutoshi turned to Yoshihiro and gave him a thumbs up.

The third girl was sitting there, her eyes analyzing the movements of Sumātoachībā and their opponents. Only one thought ran through her head. Ganbare.