Chapter 10: New Year, New Friends!

December 31, 2012 (7pm)

During New Year's Eve, The Shizoku Family, the Haiba siblings and the Aikawa siblings simply made a New Year's Eve dinner feast like last year. This included Crema de Fruta.

Unfortunately, Kuroo and Kenma had to leave the Hitoshi Family's House because they had to spend New Year's Eve in their respective homes. The reason why Lev and Alisa decided to celebrate New Year's Eve in the Hitoshi Family's  House is because the Haiba Family and the Hitoshi Family were next-door neighbors. As for the Aikawa siblings... Well, let's just say they had nowhere else to go, except the Hitoshi Family's House.

The whole group had an amazing feast. They talked about random topics in between eating food. One of those topics included Lev's updates about volleyball. Lev explained his volleyball journey to the Shizoku Family. From the time he first joined the team to the time he and his team managed to be the 3rd representative of Tokyo in the Nationals.

"Wait, are you saying that Nohebi cheated?!" Hiroka asked in shock.

"Hai," Alisa answered, nodding. "They even pretended to be polite in order to win the referee's and the audience's hearts."

Hiroka turned to her dish. Her eyebrows furrowed and her teeth gritted as images of how Nohebi cheated ran through her head. "Those cheaters. They're like Cobra Kai."

"But nonetheless, we won!" Lev said with a close-eyed smile. Then, he took a bite of his food.

"Hey, Lev-san," Haruto said, turning to Lev.

Lev turned to Haruto. "Hai?"

"Do you think the Battle of the Garbage Dump will ever happen?" Haruto asked.

"Who knows? Either way, I know it will happen!" Lev said with a definite smile.

With that being said, everyone continued eating dinner.

———————————————————

8pm

After the feast, the whole group waited until midnight to celebrate New Year's Day. Usually, the Shizoku Family, the Hitoshi Family and sometimes, the Haiba siblings watched a movie. They did the same routine last year with the Aikawa siblings.

This year, they watched a few volleyball matches. The reason was to get Shiro and Lev ready for the Spring Nationals. While watching the match, Hideyoshi, Shiro and Lev explained the volleyball players' methods to Hiroka and Haruto. Additionally, they would explain who volleyball teams like Inarizaki, Sarukawa, Tsubakihara, Nohebi and Fukurodani were.

———————————————————

January 1, 2013 (12am)

The fireworks had started. Shiro turned off the TV. Then, everyone — except Hiroka and Kana — went outside and watched the fireworks.

As usual, Hiroka and Kana watched the fireworks from the guest room window. While doing so, everyone greeted each other a happy new year.

Everything went silent. After a few moments of silence, Kana blurted out, "If Kenma-san were here, I wonder how he would react."

"I don't know. Maybe he's too busy playing videogames to watch the fireworks," Hiroka answered. "If he were to watch fireworks, I think he'll do it in his room and not outside."

Kana let out a giggle. "Yes. He seems to not be the type who doesn't like loud noises."

Hiroka giggled as well. "Maybe."