Chapter 3: The Shy Musician

The Shizoku Family's House
December 28, 2011 (10am)

"Alright!" 

An enthusiastic tone was heard in Haruto's voice. He jumped up and raised his arms and legs in his starfish position. Of course, excitement spread across his face.

"To Tokyo we go!"

With that, Haruto ran to the exit door. This left his family putting on their shoes nearby the door.

The Shizoku Family had already packed up their things and dressed up in their usual winter outfits.

For Hiroka, she was wearing her magenta classic t-shirt with dark magenta jacket, purple gloves, black leggings, black above ankle-lengthed socks and gray shoes with orange soles.

For Haruto, he was wearing blue classic t-shirt with dark blue denim pants, green jacket, dark green gloves, black above ankle-lengthed socks and black loafers with white soles.

For Kanako, she was wearing orange shirt with purple leggings, navy blue jacket, black above ankle-lengthed socks and black rubber shoes with white soles.

For Hideyoshi, he was wearing black t-shirt with a white Nike symbol on the upper right. He also wears his black jacket, black pants, black thick above ankle-lengthed socks and black rubber shoes.

Right now, Hideyoshi just finished putting on his shoes.

Just as Haruto's hand was about to touch the doorknob, Hideyoshi gently grabbed his forearm, stopping him.

"Whoa-whoa-whoa, easy there, my boy. You cannot go outside without an adult," he said.

Haruto sighed deeply. "I know, I know."

Hideyoshi slipped his hand away from Haruto's arm. Haruto's eyes sparkled with excitement as he turned to Hideyoshi. "But I wanted to go to Tokyo again, so that I can play with Satsuki-chan!"

Hideyoshi, Kanako and Hiroka covered their mouths to prevent themselves from snickering, chuckling and giggles, but all that came out of their mouths were slight snickers.

Once Haruto saw his family's reactions, his excitement switched to confusion. His head tilted towards his left. "Um... what is it?"

"Nothing. You're just so excited to see Satsuki-chan," Kanako said.

"Do you have a crush on her or something?" Hiroka asked, smirking teasingly.

Haruto shot a glare at Hiroka. A slight blush appeared on his face. "I told you! I'm too young for a relationship!"

Hiroka giggled. "I know. I'm just messing with you." She then, turned to the rest of her family. "Let's go, everyone."

Hideyoshi nodded. "Yes, of course."

With that, the Shizoku Family exited their house, entered their Wigo car and off they went to Tokyo.

———————————————————

On their way to Tokyo, the Shikozu family conversed with each other.

Kanako let out a long sigh of relief. "At laaaaaast," she said in a sing-song voice.

Haruto let out a sigh of relief. "After all this time, we were finally going on vacation. I wish it could be like the old days where we spent Christmas in grandma's house during winter break, but then again..." 

"We have to go to school during Christmas days," Hiroka said. "I'm not sure why, but we have no choice."

"It's true," Hideyoshi said. "Winter break here in mainland Japan is different from the one in Hokkaido."