Chapter 5: The Successor of the "Little Giant"

Hiroka's bedroom, Shizoku Family's House
June 3, 2012 (Sometime around 10am)

Hiroka sat on her bed in her Indian sit form. She — with the help of Kanako — moved the laptop on her bed in front of her, so that she could watch the volleyball matches in the Interhigh Tournaments.

Hiroka had watched two Karasuno matches yesterday and it was insane. She didn't see Nishinoya, Asahi nor even Coach Ukai in the practice match with Aoba Johsai, but at least Karasuno had a stable volleyball team.

Right now, Hiroka was watching the official match between Karasuno and Aoba Johsai. Things were getting intense as both teams fought for their victory.

Later on, in the middle of the match, the door suddenly burst open. Hiroka was jolted by the sound. She turned to see Haruto with an enthusiastic smile. In his left hand was a basketball.

As soon as Hiroka saw Haruto, she heard him greeting her, "Hey, Nee-san." He turned to the laptop "What're ya watchin’?”

Hiroka gave him a small wave. "Hi, Onee-chan. I’m watchin’ the volleyball match between Karasuno and Aoba Johsai.”

“What's it like?” Haruto asked her. He approached Hiroka's bed. "I mean..." He then, flopped his back on Hiroka's bed behind her. "...I know Sugawara-san attends Karasuno and plays volleyball. Apart from that, I don't know pretty much anything else."

After he said this, Haruto threw the basketball with mid-force like he was shooting the ball. Haruto's force was not enough for him to hit the ceiling.

While Haruto threw the ball, he heard Hiroka's explaining, "Well, I don't know much about volleyball at the moment, not even the rules, but all I know... is that there are interesting players in Karasuno."

Haruto caught the ball and turned to Hiroka in confusion. "Mmm?"

"There was someone in Karasuno who's really athletic. He can do quick attacks with his setter," Hiroka explained.

Haruto's eyes widened with interest. Quick attacks?

"He may be short, but he can jump really, really high," Hiroka explained.

Right after Hiroka said this, interest started perking in Haruto. The words "quick," "short" and "jump really high" piqued his curiosity. "Really?! There's a short volleyball player?! Wait, hold on."

Haruto's body flipped over and he crawled towards an open spot beside Hiroka on her right. All while holding the basketball in his hands. "Let me see."

As Hiroka scooted to her left to give space for Haruto to crawl, she let out a chuckle as she moved her hands up and down to calm him down. "Whoa-whoa-whoa. Slow down, Haruto. You might end up breaking the laptop."

Once he got close enough to the laptop, Haruto witnessed every play both Aoba Johsai and Karasuno were doing. He thought those plays were amazing, but he had to scan for the short volleyball player Hiroka had mentioned.

Just then...

BAM!

Haruto's eyes widened at what he just saw. The moment Hinata and Kageyama performed their usual quick attack flashed before his eyes. His eyes sparkled in amazement as they gazed on Hinata. Is that... the short player with the quick attack thingy? Is that the short player Nee-san mentioned?

Haruto rose onto his Indian sitting position. He jumps high. Like a bird.

Then, a few moments later, Haruto placed the basketball between his legs. Then, he formed a "V" position with his arms. His head raised high as he let out an exciting cheer. “GO, KARASUNO!!! GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!”