Chapter 2: New Friendships

Somewhere near Shiogama Shrine
May 15, 2011 (10am)

The Shizoku Family contained Hiroka, her younger brother and their parents. And yes. Hiroka's surname is Shizoku.

Hiroka was wearing her magenta classic t-shirt with black leggings, black above ankle-lengthed socks and gray rubber shoes with orange soles. Hiroka's usual backpack was wrapped around her shoulders.

Her mother, Shizoku Kanako, was wearing black classic t-shirt with black leggings and black rubber shoes with white soles.

Her father, Shizoku Hideyoshi, had tan skin, black straight hair and dark brown eyes. He was wearing his white classic t-shirt with a black Nike sign on the upper left. He also wore dark green shorts and black polished rubber shoes with white soles.

Her younger brother, Shizoku Haruto, had fair skin, black straight hair and brown eyes. He's wearing his orange classic t-shirt with a yellow T-Rex on it. The words "I LOVE" were written above the T-Rex. The word "DINOSAURS" was added below the T-Rex. Haruto was also wearing his dark blue shorts with white above ankle-lengthed socks and black loafers with white soles.

Right now, the Shizoku Family walked down the streets of Miyagi Prefecture. No one could hear anything but the sounds of their gentle footsteps.

As the Shizoku Family continued walking down the streets, Haruto's gentle walk suddenly turned into gallops as they neared their destination. Enthusiasm tingled his veins. It didn't take long before that same feeling reached his face.

"We're hanging out with Hikari-san again! I can't wait!" Haruto exclaimed enthusiastically.

Hideyoshi chuckled. "Me neither."

You see, Hiroka, Hikari and their families hung out every Sunday. They mostly went to the temple shrines, walked in the park and even ate dinner in each other's houses. Today was the usuals, except... that Hikari was spending time alone with the Shizoku Family. And she's bringing someone with her.

Nobody in the Shizoku Family knew, but whoever this person was, Hideyoshi, Kanako and Haruto thought it would be beneficial for Hiroka since they knew she wanted to learn how to make friends again.

Hiroka walked in silence. Her head slightly lowered as her mind drifted to many thoughts. A hint of nervousness crept in her gut, but she managed to keep her composure. Regardless, she forced herself a small smile.

Kanako was the first to take notice of Hiroka's actions. She didn't know what's going on, but for some reason, she had a feeling that something might not go as planned if she does nothing with her.

And so, Kanako laid her hand gently on Hiroka's left shoulder.

Hiroka tensed up at Kanako's touch, but she kept her composure. She turned to Kanako.

"You'll do great, Hiroka," Kanako said with a gentle and reassuring smile. Then, her eyes closed whilst her smile slightly widened. "I know you will."

Hiroka nodded. "I hope so," she said in a tone that only Kanako could hear.

With that, Hiroka continued to walk along with her family. Her head shifted straight ahead in the road. Determination spread across her face.

This is it. The one where I have to do something risky in a long time, Hiroka thought.

The scene switched to two figures, standing in front of the shrine's gates. Hiroka couldn't exactly tell who the two figures were, but she could tell that one figure's hair was brown and another figure's hair was light gray hair.

Making friends, Hiroka continued. She mentally sighed as her head sligjtly lowered down. I just hope mom's friendship lessons will come in handy.