Chapter 6: Hooked!

The Shizoku Family's House
October 26, 2012 (7:30pm)

"EH?!" Hideyoshi and Kanako asked in unison.

In the dining room, the Shizoku Family were eating Japanese Tofu Steak for dinner. In between eating, they conversed about random topics. One of those topics was initially conversed by Hiroka. It's called "The Finals Match between Karasuno and Shiratorizawa." And she's inviting her family to come with her to watch it in person.

When Hiroka did, Haruto immediately agreed. As for Kanako and Hideyoshi, their faces were filled with shock in disbelief.

"You're... inviting us to watch?" Hideyoshi asked.

Hiroka nodded with a smile. "Yes, I am."

"But... we don't know when the finals would start or where the gym is," Hideyoshi said.

Kanako nodded. "I agree with your dad, Hiroka."

"The finals of the Spring Tournament starts tomorrow at 11am," Haruto stated with an enthusiastic smile.

"And it will take place in Sendai City Gymnasium. I'm inviting you guys to watch because it will have more intensity and fun." Hiroka's eyes closed as her smile widened. "Especially when you're with us, dad."

Hideyoshi pointed at himself with his free hand. "Me? Why would it be intense when I'm with you?" he asked in shock.

"You used to play volleyball in your late elementary days, junior high school days and high school days. So you know a lot about volleyball. I want you to analyze the plays Karasuno and Shiratorizawa are making, so that Haruto and I will learn more of volleyball," Hiroka explained. "You worked at the power plant in Hyogo, then you come back every Friday night to spend quality time with us until Sunday after lunch. So why don't you spend quality time watching the volleyball match with us and some of my friends?"

"You're inviting your friends? Can they agree to it?" Hideyoshi asked.

"I asked Aaliya-san and Hiromi-san in school," Hiroka answered. "Hiromi-san politely declined because she had work to do as the cafe cashier and the programmer, and Aaliya-san agreed, but only if her younger sister, cousin and family accept her permission to come with us.

"I also asked Hikari-san if she could come via email. She said 'yes.' Then, Hikari-san added that the finals match will be the last time she sees the Karasuno Boys' Volleyball Team playing in the match, so she decided to grasp that opportunity to see them one last time."

"So whaddya say, Mommy and Daddy? Wanna watch the match with us in person?" Haruto asked.

Hideyoshi and Kanako lowered their heads slightly as their minds went into deep thought. After a few moments, they turned to each other and nodded. Then, they turned to Hiroka and Haruto with smiles on their faces.

"Alright. Let's go watch the match tomorrow," Hideyoshi said.

"Yes!" Hiroka and Haruto exclaimed excitedly.

With that, the Shizoku Family continued eating dinner. Due to their excitement, Hiroka and Haruto ate slightly faster than usual.

In between eating food, Kanako raised her hands to calm her children down. "Whoa, easy."

Hideyoshi chuckled at the whole scene. "Excited much, aren't they?" he asked Kanako.

"Yes, baby," Kanako replied with a smile. "They are."

———————————————————

Outside Sendai City Gymnasium
October 27, 2012 (10:30am)