Chapter 8: Strategy, Friendship and Communication

"EEEEEEHHHHH?!?!?!?!?!?!" Haruto exclaimed.

The Shizoku Family, the Hitoshi Family, Lev, Alisa, Kuroo and Kenma were seen standing in front of a large building similar to that of a mansion. Colors of peach, burgundy, maroon and beige were seen on the building. Above the two main doors was a sign, written in capital, maroon letters. It read:

ESCAPE ROOM

When the whole group saw this, most of then were in a bit of awe, but few people had different reactions.

Hiroka raised her eyebrow in confusion. Haruto, on the other hand, had a mix of shock, confusion and disbelief written all over his face.

Kanako just stood there with her body shivering. Her heart beat rapidly in panic. Hideyoshi took notice of this. Outof concern, walked towards her and pulled her into a hug for comfort.

As for Kuroo, he had a relaxing smirk on his face.

"We're going to the Escape Room?!" Haruto asked.

Kuroo nodded. "Hai. We're going."

Haruto turned to Kuroo and slightly glared at him. "Is this really the place where Nee-san and I can improve in volleyball?!?!?! What about the exclusive volleyball gym that was set up by some famous coach or something?!?!?!"

Kuroo shrugged. "It's not my problem. It's was Sakura's idea."

"Shun, Satsuki, Shiro and I solved escape rooms every weekend. We did this, so that we can increase our problem-solving skills, decision-making skills, communication, teamwork and friendship," Sakura told Haruto with a kind smile.

"That's right. And problem-solving skills, decision-making skills, teamwork and communication are needed when you play volleyball," Kuroo told Haruto. "Friendship is a bonus."

Haruto lowered his head in defeat. "I see..."

"Alright. Let's go inside?" Shun asked.

"Hai. Let's go," Satsuki said.

With that, the group entered the Escape Room. While they entered, Haruto stomped his way to the entrance while glaring at the ground. I was expecting more action in that place! he thought.

———————————————————

Later on...

After making preparations, the group finally went inside one of the escape rooms. But before they got to solve this escape room, they had to listen to one of the employees of ESCAPE ROOM.

This employee was a male. He has fair skin, black thin mustache and beard, brown eyes and black straight hair. He wore a white cap, white shirt, black shorts and white rubber shoes.

Inside this escape room, you would find a large, brown rectangular desk at the center. Behind it was a wooden brown chair. The desk contained a few candles on the right, a golden globe on the left and a large, opened spellbook at the center. The spellbook's hardcover was brown and its pages were dusty.

On the table wall of the office chair were three drawers. Each contained different locks. The one at the center was a letter-coded combination lock. The one on the left was a combination lock where you can slide the top part in different directions — left, right, up and down. The one on the right was a number-coded combination lock.

On the far left side of the room was a wooden brown cabinet filled with books and another desk that was attached to the cabinet. Ontop of the desk was a stack of several books. Behind it were four rectangular holes.