Chapter 4

BACK TO SONIC'S POV

I shakily inhaled and exhaled, attempting to calm myself down. The attempts were in vain as I kept hyperventilating, grasping my head tightly. EXE, Fleetway, Dark, and Werehog were pleased at my current state. Tears threatened to shed but I fought them as best I could. My vision was hazy and I kept mumbling to myself, my ears somehow perked straight up. "Weak~" taunted Fleetway. "Shut up! Shut up, Shut up, Shut up!" I repeated.

"It's so ironic. Once able to beat any big foe now you're not even strong enough to save you from yourself." added Dark, smirking. "Face it, you're no hero. Your friends hate you— THEY ALL hate you. They haven't come to save you yet. If they truly cared, they would've been here already. But they're not." stated EXE, approaching me menacingly. "They—" he began to taunt me, but panic and stress took control first. I snapped.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!"

——

THIRD POV

Tails, Knuckles, and Amy met at Tails's workshop. It was silent for a few moments. Amy hugged her Sonic stuffed-animal and Tails paced back and forth. Knuckles sat on Tails's chair. Tails looked at Knuckles with a demanding expression. "Knuckles. You said something was wrong with Sonic. Do you know what?" He asked. "Cream does. She'll give you the explanation." answered Knuckles, looking at Cream who was behind him.

"Okay, so... it started the other day after Tails left. Someone named EXE showed up at our doorstep. Sonic, but he had bloody spots all over him and scary demonic eyes. I drew a picture of him." started Cream, showing them the picture.

" started Cream, showing them the picture

"That looks like Sonic, but isn't... yikes. What else happened Cream?" questioned Amy. Cream started crying at this part. "I...I... he was about to kill me, but...but... mama got in the way, and...and... she sacrificed her own life for me..." sobbed Cream. Knuckles put his hand on Cream's shoulder. Cream looked at him and nodded. "After, Sonic came through, but he seemed different. He didn't want me to be near him... he ran away and I found him. He seemed like he was afraid of me, and I said that I'm not going to hurt him, but he said that he doesn't know that he won't hurt me and teleported away."

"Something's definitely wrong. He NEVER doubts himself." confirmed Tails. "We have to find him... and help him!" replied Amy worriedly. "We will, Amy, but where is he?" asked Knuckles. Tails facepalmed himself. "Of course! I always keep a tracker on him in case he gets attacked by Eggman!" recalled Tails. "Alright, use it!" said Amy. "Im doing that right now!" said Tails, walking up to his computer and tracking him.

"Bingo! Sonic's in... this is unfamiliar territory. We'll have to be careful. Sonic could be anywhere, and he could be as EXE as we speak." revealed Tails. "I'll go check up on mama in the hospital. Hopefully luck's on our side." added Cream, walking out the door. "Amy, Knuckles!" said Tails, turning around, clutching his fists.

"Let's go get our brother back."