Chapter 7

The Tornado landed on Chaos Island. "Man, it's been a while since I've been here... I sure hope we find Sonic soon," said Tails, looking at his Miles Electric and walking off. "Mmm... doesn't look like anyone's been here for a while even though we've only been gone for two weeks." hummed Knuckles.

"Hmmm... THERE!" realized Amy, pointing to Sonic. "Sonic! Hey Sonic, over here!" said Tails.

BACK TO SONIC'S POV

"WHY DO YOU KEEP FOLLOWING ME?!" I snapped. "WHY DO YOU KEEP RUNNING AWAY?! WE'RE YOUR FRIENDS!!!" shouted Tails, walking up to me. "GUYS, DONT YOU GET IT?!? IM TRYING TO PROTECT YOU!!!" I yelled. "PROTECT US FROM WHAT?! EGGMAN ISN'T COMING HERE IN A WHILE, LIKE YOU SAID BEFORE!!! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PROTECT US FROM?!" asked Knuckles.

"IM TRYING TO PROTECT YOU FROM MYSELF!!" I replied. They froze. "YOU SAW FLEETWAY AND CREAM SAW EXE, I KNOW SHE TOLD YOU WHAT I DID TO HER MOTHER! I HAVE FOUR OF THE EVIL FORMS!! IM TRYING TO PROTECT YOU FROM THE CONSEQUENCES OF HAVING ME FOR A FRIEND!!! I DEDICATED MY ENTIRE LIFE TO PROTECTING ALL OF YOU, EVEN IF I HAVE TO SUFFER BECAUSE OF IT! I...I...!" I shouted, and looked away, crossing my arms.

"Son—" started Tails. "LEAVE ME ALONE!!! ALL OF YOU!!!" I snapped. I clutched my fists, and trembled violently with anger. I closed my eyes tightly, looking away from my friends, positive that they had come to their senses, and hated me for what I did. Instead, they were only shocked. My fur got dark, my spines shot up into the air, and my eyes were without pupils. My friends were shocked and worried. "Sonic!" cried Tails. "LEAVE ME ALOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE!!!!" I shouted as Dark Sonic took over thanks to all the rage and anger I was feeling at the moment.

I looked at them menacingly. I blitzed at them, causing them to stumble back. "This feels awesome... I finally get to go out of Sonic's body... to rain havoc and destruction on every little thing here! MUAHAHAHA!!!!" I laughed. "Sonic..." whimpered Tails. "We're not letting you hurt Sonic, or the other innocent animals here! They don't deserve this! He doesn't deserve this! He's our friend!" countered Amy, getting up.

"Hmph, is he really your friend after he kept secrets from you?" I asked. "SHUT UP!" growled Knuckles, attempting to punch me from behind, but I countered it. I threw him aside and flew upwards. "Dang it, he can fly! He's like Super Sonic but evil!" said Knuckles. "Lucky guess," I said as I hastily punched him multiple times. Knuckles dodged all of them.

"Sonic, I don't wanna hurt you! We're not your enemies! We're family, don't you remember?! You don't have to be alone! That's what you told me that day when I figured out Eggman was tricking me! I owe a lot to you— WE owe a lot to you! You're our family, Sonic! We look up to you!" explained Knuckles. "THERE IS ONLY—" I started. Then pain ran me over like a freaking migraine. "NO— NOT NOW— SONIC—" I struggled. But the efforts were in vain as he won the fight.

"Ngh," I grunted. "Sonic? Are you okay?" asked Knuckles as I collapsed on my knee, my hand catching my entire body. I shook my head as I stood up. "How many forms do you have?!" asked Amy questionably, approaching me cautiously. "Do you see now why I left? Why I wouldn't tell you what I was feeling? I didn't want you involved with MY problems." I questioned, backing away.

"Well, it doesn't matter whether we were or weren't involved. We would've been involved sooner or later! You should've told us that you were going through all this stress, and you shouldn't shun everyone out, you have a bunch of friends who are willing to listen and will understand, including us, if you just let it out and stopped bottling up your emotions like this." argued Amy.

"I HAD TO. IF I DID YOU WOULD ALL BE KILLED. DO YOU THINK I WANTED TO BE SUFFERING LIKE THIS?! THE ONLY REASON IM DOING THIS IS TO PROTECT YOU FROM ME!" I shouted. "DOESN'T MATTER, YOU SHOULD'VE—" started Knuckles. "ALRIGHT, THATS IT. CHAOS CONTROL!" I intersected, Chaos Controlling away.

THIRD POV

After Sonic teleported away, the group was shocked. "Are we going to keep following him? He seemed irritated when we did." said Amy. "I think... I think we should give him a break... we'll go after him tomorrow when he's calmed down." replied Tails. "Yeah... I'm going back to my island. Maybe Tikal or Chaos will know what we should do." suggested Knuckles. "I'm going to check on Cream and her mother." added Amy. "And I... I'm going to my lab. We can't leave Sonic, not now. Not when he needs us most. Because he didn't leave us when we needed him most." informed Tails.

"Agreed," replied Amy. "See you in the afternoon," said Knuckles as he took off gliding away. Tails gestured Amy to the plane. She nodded and they got to the plane and dropped off Amy at her location. It was pure silence. Four demons... Four forms... Three Friends... One Sonic... who knows who the fourth one is? Considering the amount of damage EXE, Fleetway, and Dark did... they have to find Sonic... and help him... before he turns into the fourth one...