chapter 1

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ Anastasia ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

"You're here! I've been waiting forever," Claire Biggs groaned as I entered her living room.

"I'm only 10 minutes late Claire," I snickered as I launched myself onto her couch.

Claire Biggs and I had been best friends since we met at Tommen in first year. She was sunshine in human form and I loved it.

"Where are the boys?" I questioned while Claire took a seat on the couch next to me.

"Over at Gerard's, they will be here any minute," Claire explained.

"Hey stassie," Lizzie Young waved as she descended the steps in Claires house.

I gave her a wave back and another wave to the small brunette, Shannon Lynch, who was trailing behind her.

Lizzie was another good friend of mine who I had also met during my first year at Tommen. Her and Claire were polar opposites. Where Claire was always positive and cheery, Lizzie was negative and moody.

Then there was Shannon. She was new at Tommen this year and knew Claire and Lizzie from primary school. She was shy but an overall wonderful girl. She was the middle ground to the group, much like myself.

Although these three girls were my best friends, I have always considered Claire to be my closest friend.

"I thought the guys said they'd be here by now," Lizzie grumbled as she took a seat on the far end of the couch.

"Gerard said any minute," Claire explained yet again.

Lizzie let out a huff and rolled her eyes. It was no secret that Lizzie hated Gerard Gibson or as our friends called him, Gibsie.

"Hello all and Claire-bear," Gibsie's voice echoed through the house as he entered the Biggs living room with Hugie Biggs, Patrick Feely and Johnny Kavanagh behind him.

My friends and I all gave our hellos as the boys filed into the room. Gibsie immediately took a seat next to Claire and threw his arm around her shoulders causing her cheeks to turn pink.

Gerard was best friends with my two best friends, Johnny and Claire. This made us become good friends by association. He was one of the funniest people I knew and he happened to be in love with Claire.

She was equally in love with him yet they remained as just friends. This was confusing for the rest of us but we all tried not to pry.

"Get your hands off my sister you eejit," Hughie whined from a chair in the corner of the room.

Hughie was Claire's older and more annoying brother. It was clear he hated that Gibsie and Claire were so close, considering any time the pair were touchy he lost his head.

"Oh relax you gobshite, Claire-bear doesn't mind," Gibsie smirked with his arm still around Claire.

"But I do," Lizzie scoffed as she glared at Gibsie.

"Not tonight viper," Gibsie shot back using his nickname for Lizzie.

As the pair bickered, a warm arm slid around my shoulders.