chapter 2

: ・゚: Johnny: ・゚:

I limped spitefully into my house, after Anastasia who had taken off running.

My groin was on fire and I was in no mood to be questioned by Anastasia or my mother.

Reluctantly I stepped into the kitchen. Anastasia's little sister, Vivian was seated on one of the bar stools with a mug in her hand. My mam had Anastasia in a tight hug and had a giant smile on her face.

"Anastasia, pet how have you been?" Mam grinned as she loosened her grasp on my best friend.

"I've been well Edel. I missed you," Anastasia replied, looking just as cheerful as mam.

"Oh I missed you too love. You look absolutely striking as always," mam gushed, now grabbing Stassies face with her hands.

My mams eyes finally rested on me and she came rushing to embrace me.

"Johnny, pet how are you feeling?" She questioned, a worried glint flashing in her eyes.

"I'm grand mam," I muttered trying to avoid the question she was really asking.

"How's your dick?"

"Hi Johnny," Vivian blushed from one of the bar stools.

"Hey Viv," I smiled and sank onto the bar stool next to her.

"Yay! I was hoping you'd make scones," Anastasia squealed from beside the cooker.

"Of course. I know how much you love them," mam beamed, filling her mug with more hot water.

"Johnny do you want one?" Anastasia asked while piling scones onto a plate.

"Yeah why not," I replied.

"How was Claire? I hear that's where you two were this evening," mam asked in between sips of tea.

"She was great. Cheerful as always," Anastasia spoke with a mouthful of scone, "Lizzie and Gibsie were at it again. She made a remark mocking his dyslexia."

"Oh poor Gerard," mam sighed, a worried look on her face.

"Lizzie can be a real handful at times," Anastasia muttered, biting into another scone.

"Well at least Claire was there to cheer him up," mam suggested as she handed Anastasia a mug.

Sometimes I was convinced my mother loved Anastasia more than me, not that I could blame her.

Anastasia, or Stas as I called her was everything good in the world. She has been my best friend since we were in nappies. Things were always easy with Stas. She always understood me without me having to say anything.

However once we reached secondary school things got harder. My friends started making comments about how much of a ride she is, which is true. I'm her friend not bloody blind.

"Johnny, we should watch The Notebook. I'm in the mood to cry," Anastasia chattered, tugging on my arm to pull me off the stool.