chapter 18

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ Anastasia ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

"You totally disappeared last night. Where'd you go?" Claire asked as she pushed open my bedroom door.

"Yeah, I left," I trailed off, blushing at the memory of Johnny and I kissing.

"You left?" Claire narrowed her eyes suspiciously, coming to sit next to me in bed.

"Yeah, after I made out with Johnny," I blurted out nonchalantly.

Claire's jaw dropped and she froze in place.

"What? Oh my god what!?" She screamed in excitement.

"We kissed. Well after I told him I'm in love with him," I smiled at my best friend.

"Yes! Finally! How was it? Was he good at kissing? Tell me everything," Claire squealed and clapped her hands together.

I turned to face her then got into a comfortable position before explaining, "Okay so, I saw Sofia kiss him."

"What? What the fuck!" Claire shouted, cutting me off.

"It's okay," I began, "it ends up good. After I saw that I got mad and left and Johnny ran after me. Then I just blurted out that I love him and I want to be with him."

"This is so exciting! Get to the kiss," Claire cheered, kicking her feet rapidly.

"Okay, okay, so then he tells me that he loves me too, and I was shocked, literally gagged. Then I asked him to kiss me and he did," I blushed.

"And? Was it amazing," Claire asked me with wide eyes.

"Yes, earth shattering. That boy has some serious skills," I gushed, a huge smile appearing on my face.

After Johnny and I had kissed he walked me home. It was surprisingly not awkward and it seemed like it was meant to happen. He kissed me goodnight again at the door and said he loved me.

I knew Johnny was the one for me and I couldn't believe I had overlooked it for my entire sixteen years of living.

Well not overlooked per say, since I had a big fat crush on him for basically ever.

"I'm so happy! I've been rooting for you two since day one," Claire smiled, squishing me in a tight embrace.

"You and Gibsie will be next," I smirked making Claire roll her eyes.

"So Johnny is your boyfriend now?" She asked curiously.

"I actually don't know. I mean he never straight up asked me but I think we might be together," I muttered trying to piece together what exactly we are.

Is he my boyfriend?

"I'm sure he thinks you two are together," Claire assured me before squealing when my phone buzzed, "it's him! It's him!"

I joined her in squealing and raced to open my text from him

Johnny
hey beautiful
would you like to go out tonight?
on a date with me, if that wasn't clear