chapter 9

: ・゚: Johnny: ・゚:

"Thank you for picking us up," Anastasia smiled, as she climbed into the passenger seat of my Audi.

"Anytime Stas, you know that," I replied, handing her the cord so she could play music.

I watched in the rearview mirror as her three friends piled in.

"Hi Johnny," Claire waved from behind Anastasia.

"Hey," I nodded as I put the car in park.

"Thank you for the ride," Shannon blushed from in between Claire and Lizzie.

"It's no problem," I assured her.

I drove out of the parking lot with Taylor Swifts 'Better Than Revenge' blasting from the speakers, courtesy of Anastasia.

"What'd you all buy?" I asked the girls, but really only caring about what Stas bought.

"Nothing," Lizzie and Shannon both replied quietly.

"I'd show you what I bought but you probably don't want to see," Claire chuckled, making the other girls laugh.

Yeah, I definitely do not want to see.

Grateful Claire had not shown me whatever it was she bought I flipped my gaze to Anastasia.

"I bought shoes," She smiled pointing to the shoebox on the floor.

"And something for Mark," Lizzie snorted from the back seat, causing my blood pressure to rise.

That better not mean what I think it does.

"Lizzie!" Anastasia screeched, "I'm not showing him my bleeding underwear!"

Jesus christ.
Please do.

Claire and Shannon both erupted in laughter.

I watched as Anastasia's cheeks turned pink, my mind immediately going to her black lacy underwear that were on my floor a few days ago.

If that was any indication of what Mark got to see her in, I might just kill him.

"Well he asked!" Lizzie shot back with her arms up to surrender.

"Not to see her knickers, just to see what she got," I defended myself.

"Same difference," Lizzie shrugged.

I stopped the car in front of Shannon's house.

"Ask your parents about my party Shan. It won't be the same if you aren't there," Anastasia reminded Shannon as she climbed out of the car.

"I will Stassie. Thank you for driving me home Johnny," Shannon smiled before closing the car door and hurrying inside.

Shifting the car into drive once again, I headed towards Claire's house.

"Can we all go to your house before the party to get ready together?" Claire practically screamed from the back seat.

"Yeah! I'm gonna have dinner with Johnnys family before, then you can come get ready," Anastasia squealed.

"God you two really are rays of sunshine," Lizzie grumbled.

Sometimes I wondered why Claire, Shannon and Anastasia hung out with Lizzie, considering she had a horrible attitude.

"And you're a grey cloud, but we still love you," Claire chirped.

Rolling her eyes, Lizzie began speaking, "so Stassie when are you going out with Mark?"

All of a sudden I became increasingly interested in the conversation.

I peeked in the rearview mirror to see Lizzie with a rare smile on her face and Claire with wide eyes and an awkward look on her face.

"I'm not sure. I'll see him at the party though," Anastasia replied quickly, glancing at me after she spoke.

As much as I hated the idea of Mark and Anastasia together, I had to at least try and be supportive. She was my best friend after all.

I gave Anastasia a smile and she smiled back.

"Who else is going?" Lizzie asked, looking up from her phone.

"The usual. Us, Shannon, Gibsie, Patrick, Hughie and I'm guessing he will bring Katie," Anastasia listed people before Lizzie cut her off, "Katie? Seriously."

"Well she is Hugh's girlfriend," Anastasia pointed out.

Lizzie scoffed, clearly annoyed that Hughie had moved on from her.

In my opinion it was the best thing he could do.

"Johnny it's Valentine's day themed. So wear red, white or pink," Anastasia giggled.

"Yeah anything for you," I agreed.

Lizzie let out a snort and Claire glared at her.

When I pulled up in front of Claire's house I was relieved to see Lizzie unbuckling her seatbelt.

"Claire, I'm coming over. My mam will pick me up later," Lizzie told Claire, who was busy climbing out of my car.

"Okay no problem! Bye Stassie. Thanks for driving us Johnny," Claire said cheerfully.

"Bye," Lizzie muttered, slamming her car door.

"Bye guys!" Anastasia waved to her friends before I pulled away.

With Anastasia's friends gone that left us alone in comfortable silence.

I had one hand on the wheel and the other rubbing my thigh out of habit.

Anastasia reached for her phone, a cheeky smile forming on her lips.

The familiar beat of Taylor Swifts 'You Belong With Me' played from the speakers making me laugh.

"Come on Johnny, you know you want to sing," Anastasia laughed, reaching to turn up the volume.

Since we were little this had been our song. Anastasia has always forced me to listen to Taylor Swift and I can say this is one song I know every lyric to.

I raised my eyebrows at her and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Johnny," She whined.

"Fine. Restart it though, I need my moment," I caved, making Anastasia smile brightly.

"Yes!" She squealed, rewinding the song.

The shite I do for this girl.

———————————-

Just a super quick filler chapter while I'm swamped with homework.

Next chapter will probably be the party, which I'm super excited to write.

Enjoy xoxo