chapter 20

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ Anastasia ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

Sitting at one of the bar stools in the Kavanaghs kitchen, I inhaled a deep breath and stared at the back of Edels head.

"I've decided I do want everyone to meet my boyfriend," I blurted out, "and he's available tonight."

Edel whipped her head around so fast, her eyes wide with excitement.

"Oh Anastasia this is amazing! I'll get started on dinner. Do you want me to call your parents?" She beamed, practically scrambling for the phone.

"It's okay, I've already told them. They are coming at six," I explained with a smile.

"Perfect! That's when Johnny will be home from practice," Edel clapped and then rushed over to fridge to retrieve something for dinner.

Yeah I knew that. Hence why people were coming at six.

"Does Mark like stew?" Edel chirped as she chopped vegetables.

"Yeah my boyfriend likes everything," I held back a laugh.

"Wonderful! Gosh I'm so excited that you want us to meet him," She smiled brightly.

"I think you'll really like him," I beamed, coming to join in her chopping.

I continued to help her prep dinner, narrowly avoiding the million questions she asked about 'Mark'. Once the food was on the stove cooking I slipped away and ran upstairs to fix my makeup.

Twenty minutes later I raced downstairs to see my parents and sisters hanging out in the kitchen, alongside Edel and John.

"Oh my god! Rin I missed you," I squealed rushing to pull my older sister, Catherine, into a hug.

"I missed you too," She beamed, squeezing me tightly.

"Where's your boyfriend?" Vivian stuck her tongue out at me.

"He should be here soon," I shrugged.

As if on cue a knock on the front door sounded. Everyone exchanged excited glances before I jogged to the door.

My stomach suddenly filled with nerves, knowing the reaction of our families will be overwhelming.

I swung open the door and smiled at Johnny.

"Hey," He muttered quietly.

"I'm nervous," I whispered, making him grab my hand and give it a light squeeze.

I took a deep breath before walking back to the kitchen with Johnny trailing behind me.

"He's here," I blabbed as I entered the kitchen making everyone's heads snap towards the doorway.

"Hi," Johnny smirked as he entered the room.

Everyone's faces were a mix of confusion and boredom when they realized it was 'just' Johnny.

"That's Johnny," Catherine began with an eyebrow raise, "oh!"

"What?" My mam questioned, looking from my sister to me.