chapter 24

: ・゚: Johnny: ・゚:

"This stops now, Johnny," Gibsie huffed as he led me out of the showers and onto the fold-up bed in the boys changing rooms.

"Don't talk so loud. You know I don't want other people knowing," I hissed giving him a death glare.

"It a bit late for that lad," Gibsie shook his head, "considering you were passed out and bleeding all over the pitch."

I released a strangled groan, trying to adjust my position on the 'bed'.

"This stops right fucking now. No more training, no more practice, no more rugby." He scolded me as he pulled a pair of jocks up my thighs.

"I'm fine. I'll be fine," I insisted, feeling annoyed at the outcome of today's game.

"Fine? You're not bleeding fine Johnny. You've put your fucking life on the line. And for what?" My best friend frantically blabbed.

"For my career you bleeding eejit," I snapped.

No one knew how much this meant to me. My entire life was rugby and I wasn't letting this injury stop me from playing. After being examined by doctors they had informed me I had to get another surgery.

Which meant time off from rugby.

Just fucking great.

"Gibsie," I tried to protest but was cut off by him, "You're killing yourself. Don't you get that? All for a future with the pros."

"Will you stop?" I demanded.

"No I won't. If I don't tell you this, I'm sure Anastasia will," He shook his head.

"I don't want to hear this!" I snapped, my voice cracking in the process.

"Look at yourself! You should've been healed weeks ago. It's fucking March and this is how you look," Gibsie shouted.

"He ripped me with his boot. It could've happened to anyone," I tried to justify it.

"No it couldn't have. Because normal people aren't walking around with a giant gash on their groin. You could've lost your dick! Then you'd have nothing to wank," He fumed.

"It's really not that bad," I protested.

"Not that bad? You're going to the bleeding hospital! This could've been even more serious than it is," He snapped with a pained expression on his face.

"I know that!" I yelled with a lump forming in my throat.

"Coach has already called the Academy. And I've called your mother," He admitted with a deep sigh.

"Jaysus fuck," My eyes filled with tears.

"She's getting the next flight out. Your dad is on his way, he's meeting us at the hospital," He informed me.

I could feel the ground underneath me cracking. Everything I had worked so hard for was crashing and burning. I was struggling to breathe.