chapter 17

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ Anastasia ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

"Wait who's party is this?" I asked as Claire and I stumbled down the street.

She had dragged me out of the house after receiving an invite to this party. All of our friends were going including Johnny, who I knew was already there.

"That new girl, Sofia or whatever," Claire replied, grabbing my arm.

"No way," I gaped, making Claire freeze.

"What? What's wrong?" She questioned.

"That's the girl I saw Johnny with, remember the day I was going to confess," I muttered, flashing back to that unfortunate moment.

"Shit really? We can turn around if you want," Claire offered with a sweet smile.

"No no. I just really hope she stays away from him," I sighed, taking a swig out of the plastic water bottle filled with vodka.

"Do you like Johnny again?" Claire squealed, making me glare at her.

"Jaysus, be a little louder why don't you. I never stopped liking him," I explained, "we practically kissed last night but Gibsie barged in."

"God damn it Gerard," Claire huffed.

"Then Johnny beat the shite out of Mark," I recalled.

"Wait what? Oh my god," She shrieked.

"Yeah Mark showed up at Johnnys while I was there. Then we got into a screaming fight and of course Johnny lost it on Mark," I blabbed, "then next thing I know Johnnys smashing his face in."

"Was it kind of sexy?" Claire wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"More like really sexy," I groaned.

Claire and I both slowly walked up the driveway, the familiar pounding of music and yelling could be heard from the house.

"Are we supposed to knock?" She asked from beside me.

"No, definitely not," I shook my head, reaching for the doorknob.

We stepped inside the dimly lit house and made our way into the crowd of people.

"Claire you made it!" Sofia screeched, pulling Claire into a tight hug.

"Yeah, thanks for inviting me," Claire smiled brightly.

"Of course! Oh and you brought Stassie," Sofias grin faltered slightly.

"Yup," I smirked, narrowing my eyes at the girl.

I know she hadn't done anything to me but something about her didn't sit right with me. Especially since she had invited practically the whole school expect for me.

I had a hint of suspicion it was because she likes Johnny.

"Great," Sofia said with a fake smile on her face.

"I need a drink," I muttered to Claire who gave me a nod and followed me to a table of drinks.

"I really don't like that girl," I scoffed, helping myself to a can of spiked lemonade.