chapter 28

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ Anastasia ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

O N E    W E E K    L A T E R

I stormed up the stairs in Claire's house before shoving her bedroom door open.

"Stassie? Hey," Claire's eyes snapped up from her phone and onto me.

I flung my body onto her bed next to her and released a frustrated groan.

"Is everything okay?" She asked sounding concerned, "what's wrong?"

"Men," I mumbled grabbing a pillow and smashing my face into it.

"You two still aren't talking?" Claires eyebrows raised.

"He's not talking," I sighed, "so I'm not either."

"Have you gone to see him since?" She questioned.

"Yeah, once. He was asleep or pretending to be," I complained.

"You've not even texted?" She continued to grill me.

"Nope, not a single text," I groaned, feeling myself bubble with anger.

Since Johnny was released from the hospital I'd seen him a whopping two times. The first time ending in a huge fight with me storming out in tears.

The fight had been stupid and was about his time off from rugby. I had made a stupid joke about him ruining his career when he could've just healed from his original surgery and he lost it. 

It was dreadful.
Our first and hopefully only fight.
It was my fault and I knew it.
But it was supposed to be a joke and his reaction was an overreaction.

I had went back this morning to try and apologize but he was 'asleep'.

"I know I said something stupid but he didn't have to yell at me," I whined, "Besides there are more things in life than rugby."

"I totally agree with you babe," Claire nodded, "but don't you think the joke was a little insensitive."

"I know it was! And that's why it's so annoying," I frowned, "if he'd just let me apologize, we could be back to normal."

Picking the pillow back up I screamed into it.

Claire's door then opened again and Hughie stood in the doorway.

"Everything all right in here?" He asked looking between Claire and I.

"It's just grand," I rolled my eyes.

"Hey Stassie, I've been meaning to ask, how is Johnny?" Hughies expression turned serious.

"He's okay," I forced a smile, "working on healing."

"Good. That's good," He gave me a crooked smile.

"Hello all," Gibsie bellowed, appearing in the doorway beside Hughie.

"Hi," I sighed.

"Hello Gerard," Claire blushed, making me shoot her a smirk.