Chapter 25

[Grammatical errors ahead. Didn't have time to edit nyahaha!]

A week has ended after the last confession of Maricel Monreal related to the culprit. It was a shocking information for Axel because he didn't think the actress would go that low just to damage his reputation. After stealing his ex-boyfriend Mike Elvestre, revealing his pregnancy to the public was the worst that Nichole did to him. He can't help it but ask, what did he do to her why Nichole seems to hate him so much. Where in fact, he should be the one who should make her life miserable for what she did.

Well, he doesn't hold grudges since the damage has been done and feeling angry towards her will be useless. He just let the karma hit her hard. After overcoming his depression, his life become happier and peaceful together with his lover. He's more focus to their incoming baby so he doesn't have time to take revenge to any actions towards the actress.

But of course, Ryker won't sit down with it. He has plans without telling his lover Axel. If the former actor was not mad, well, Ryker is. He's just not mad, but he despises the woman for ruining Axel's career. He won't forget how Axel cried while having a sleepless nights after the incident. That's a slow burn torture in his part seeing his muffin hurting because of bashing and hateful comments he received. The actress deserves the same or more.

For Axel's auntie, she was rewarded a large amount of cash, but also receive a threat. She should never tell Nichole that they already know that she's the one who's behind of the revelation. That's simple as it is, and Maricel was willing to cooperate. She knows what the businessman could do to her if she turns off their deal. She was also told to move far away from this place and never show her face in front of them. In fact, it was such a benefit for her after receiving such a large amount. But... she was monitored that's why she can't do anything. Ryker was even generous for sparing her life and was given money.

"The sky's so beautiful." Axel commented while pointing his finger on it.

As the sun setting slowly, their moment is getting more romantic. They're now walking in the road while holding each other's hands.

This area is still part of Ryker's land, extending to his mansion with a few kilometers of background full of trees and flowers.

Axel's smiles were so bright. Every moment he shares with the businessman is so precious for him. He's so happy to have this kind of date with his lover. They were just walking, which is a good exercise for his pregnancy too.

"You know, being here with you, it feels like we're the only two people in the world."

Ryker did not expect Axel to be this expressive. Though the former actor was really talkative when they're together, but hearing this kind of words from Axel feels so different.

The businessman's hand wraps on Axel's waist pulling him closer. He's back hugging now the former actor while his one hand is on Axel's bulging belly.

He stood there, a smile spreading uncontrollably across his face, his heart pounding against his chest, utterly lost for words in the euphoria of his embrace.

"I wouldn't want it any other way. It's peaceful." he replied, as if he's saying that it's much better that they are really the only two people in the world, and of course, with their upcoming baby.

"I love that we can just walk and talk about anything."

Axel shoves his head to Ryker's chest after saying those words.

"It's like our hearts are in sync." Axel added.

He giggles with his own pick-up line. The businessman really finds it amusing. Every reaction of Axel is so adorable for him.