Chapter 28

Note: Grammatical errors ahead. I'm lazy to edit it lol.

Early in the morning, as the sun peeked over the horizon, casting a warm glow on the winding road, Ryker and Axel drove towards to the hospital. As it should be, the check up was a private schedule and the doctor was the businessman's friend, so it was 100% safe.

Their hands were tightly clasped, hearts racing with anticipation. Today was the day—their first ultrasound. The moment they'd been waiting for, the one that would reveal their baby's secrets.

Axel's laughter filled the car, a melody that danced through the air.

"Can you believe it? Our little one is growing inside me." His eyes sparkled, reflecting the morning light.

"I wonder if it's a boy or a girl." Axel said while holding his tummy. 

The businessman grinned, stealing glances at him.

"I hope it has your eyes." 

One of Axel's asset was really his eyes. You will really fall by his gazed by just a simple stares from him. And the businessman wants his children to have their mommy's eyes, so that he will be reminded of how he loved his lover whenever he look at their baby. 

He reached over and brushed his thumb against Axel's cheek.

"And maybe a dash of mixtures between our faces." Ryker continued, referring to what their baby looks like in the future. 

Both of them smiled after the businessman says it.

It was just a couple of minutes when they arrived. 

There's no many people in the hospital since it was still early in the morning. And Axel was really covered like an Arabian girl that only eyes can be seen. Though it still caught attention because of the presence of the businessman, but nevertheless, no one approached them.

The hospital loomed ahead, a beacon of hope. They parked, nerves fluttering like leaves in the wind. Hand in hand, they entered where the air smelled of disinfectant and anticipation. The nurse smiled, her eyes crinkling at the corners.

"Oh my gossshhhhh!!!! I'm a fan." the nurse uttered with excitement. She was really giggling after knowing that it was the former actor Axel Monreal. But then, she composed herself and acted like a professional.

"Mr. Fulgencio and Mr. Monreal? The doctor will see you now." she seriously stated, but was melting.

They followed the nurse down the hallway, their footsteps echoing. The ultrasound room was dimly lit, the machine humming softly. Their doctor friend greeted them, in his white coat pristine.

Ryker and Axel sat side by side in the sterile hospital room, their hands tightly clasped. The air hummed with anticipation, and the soft glow of the ultrasound machine illuminated the darkened space. 

"Exciting day, isn't it?" the doctor said with his warm voice.

"Lie down, Mr. Monreal."

The former actor nodded and do what's instructed. The businessman help him, and is now very excited of whatever outcome might be.

"Are you ready?" the doctor asked, his voice's gentle. He adjusted the probe, and suddenly, there it was—the fluttering heartbeat of their unborn child. Axel's heart raced as he watched the screen, his eyes fixed on the tiny life growing within him.

Axel couldn't explain what he felt. It was a wholesome even just by seeing his baby on the screen. 

Ryker grinned while staring on Axel tummy. His fingers tracing circles on Axel's palm.