Chapter 7

She kept running through the woods despite being tired , whatever or whosoever was after her didn't have good intention .
She fell to the ground panting. they were getting closer. She tried standing up but couldn't, she was glued to the ground.she was petrified.
She heard a voice behind, “ it's nice seeing you again Cher ” the face came into view .
She screamed with all the strength she had left.
“ Cher ! ” Jordan called.“ it's just a nightmare, okay ”  he came close .
“ don't come close ” she shouted .
“ is there a problem here ? ” Miss Marietta walked into the tenth .
“ she had a nightmare” Jordan explained.
“ Cher ” the lady walked closer.
“ don't come close” she was shivering as she adjusted backward.
“ we won't hurt you but protect you okay , please be calm ” he pleaded .
“ I will call your mom tomorrow to come pick you up” Miss Marietta said after Cher became calm.
“ you don't have to ” she struggled to speak with the voice she had left after the shout.
“ are you sure ? ” she asked with a brow raised .
“ yes ,I am ” her hair was wet around the fringes and she tried wiping the sweat .
“ ok , you can go back to sleep, I will leave now or would you want me to stay? ”
“ you don't have to " she repeated.
“ ok have a good sleep” she left .
“ you should sleep” Jordan said as he entered into his sleeping bag and seeing that she was reluctant to enter her's.
“ I won't be able to ” she stared down at her feet.
“ what if we watch a movie ” he came out unzipped his bag then brought out his laptop.
“ okay ” she wiped at the sweat on her face.
“ what movie do you like ? ” he asked .
“ maybe crime or mystery ” she wasn't sure .
“ you aren't sure so why don't we watch funny videos something to make you feel better” he asked.
“ aren't you going to sleep”
“ if you aren't sleeping then am not ” she smiled but hid it.

*****

“ Cher had a nightmare last night but asked me not to call you to come pick her , I only called to let you know ” Miss Marietta spoke to Vienna over the phone.
“ how is she?” she asked staring at the envelope which she held .
“ she's fine ”
“ can I talk to her ” Vienna dropped the envelope and picked up the mug on her desk that was filled with coffee to took a sip .
“ she's not around here cause were we camp there is no network, I had to leave that place to come speak to you here” .
“ please do keep an eye on her , I got a letter yesterday and that why I had to call to ask if she had complain of any strange feeling” .
“ no she still hasn't, I will love to know the reason why Cher feels insecure”
“ I will also love to share it with you. It will be good to share it with someone cause even family members don't know about this ” she finished the almost cold coffee.
“ that will be after the camp I think ”
“ yes , bye for now . I have a lot to do now ”
“ bye ” she hung up.

*****

There will soon be a revelation on the cause of Cher's nightmare.
Please do comment your thoughts on this book 📚 cause I will love to know what you think about it thanks 😊 🌹🌹🌹