CHAPTER 13

Her eyes were closed, she was shaking .“ why trying to find solace in darkness when you and I know it's another cause of your fear ? ” he paused , “well we both know why I'm here ”
“ I ..I .. didn't see...see anything ” she said in a shaky voice.
“ really ? , Why lying to me Cher we both know you did ”he called her name as if he had knew her all his life .
“ i swear ” 
“ fine . You aren't ready to talk then you lose him” he pointed the gun at Jordan.
“ I didn't”
“ lying again”
“ you can kill me but don't hurt him please ”
“ you wouldn't tell me what to do , will you ?” she shook her head .
“ but why ? Why do you keep hurting the people around me when it's me you're after ? ”
“ no sweetie, they keep mingling in our business they just can't mind theirs and I don't like it ”
“ it's not fair they only care ” .
“ life isn't fair ” he said In a tiny voice “ you know what ? You remind me of myself, yes a younger version of me ” he squat . “ I lost my mom when I was seven , she died in a car accident. And you wouldn't believe who killed her ” he paused as if expecting her to say something.“ my dad ” he stood properly giving her a stare that froze her in a spot before he continued “ he met her in high school, she became pregnant and told him about the pregnancy but he advised her to terminate the pregnancy with reasons but she wanted her unborn child to live. Family members who later discovered that she was pregnant were angry and were against her having the child just like my father ” she noticed the hatred when he said the word ‘ father’.
“ when she had me , she decided to make it known to his parents that I was their grandson but they threatened to kill her if she ever comes close to them , she worked hard to continue with her studies why taking care of me and she was coping well .it was later heard that the man who never deserved to be called father was getting married to a very wealthy business man's daughter, mother planned to expose it that he had a son . That was the greatest mistake she made cause she made it known to him ”he took a deep breath.
“ and he made sure she never lived to see that day , now has life been fair to me.  non of her family members neither his accepted, they were all against her having this child here so I grew up and lived in the streets ” she wiped at the tears sliding down her cheeks .
“ don't show me sympathy ” he smiled “ now are you ready to speak ” his face turned serious.
He was hit from behind with a table lamp .
Vienna had regained consciousness , she gathered the strength she had left remembering that her daughter was in danger so she quickly took a table lamp and sneaked into the room.Cher quickly took her phone to call an emergency number while Vienna struggled to loosen Jordan.

*****

Pls 🙏 do comment your thoughts, I would love to know .🌹🌹🌹