CHAPTER 22

Merritt couldn't control the way she felt about Drake and decided to stop going to Cher's house because he lived with them .
She kept giving excuses why she couldn't come over but was expecting Cher to come over for a sleepover.
Isobel, Drake, Cher and Vienna say at the dinning table discussing .
Vienna already liked Isobel, she seemed wonderful . She wasn't beautiful on the outside only but also on the inside.
Her beauty made men drool over her and Cher soon liked her also .
Drake on the other hand was happy that his aunt already liked the girl he liked which was a good sign.
“ I will be going over to Merritt house for a sleepover , I hope you don't mind me being excused from the table to get my things so I can leave ? ” she flashed a smile .
“ yeah ” Isobel responded , “ I don't mind , hope you have a nice time ” .
Cher went upstairs picked her things and left , a Rolls-Royce was sent to pick her up.
She pushed the door open to meet Merritt waiting for her at the door .
‘‘ hope you haven't been waiting for a long time”
“ off course I have ” she faked frustration and tiredness .“ I even thought you wouldn't be coming ”
‘‘ you didn't have to wait outside and besides I won't go back on my word ” she frowned.
“ hehehe just joking come in ” the white huge house had mostly things made of gold in it and it took her back to those days when she lived just like this .
“ hey sister in-law” Fred( Jordan senior brother) greeted and she blushed.
“ hi ”
“ Fred imagine this that girl sent me a letter she's so obsessed” another guy same age with Fred with the same look walked down the long stairs looking perfect.
The whole family was made in perfection.
“ hey sister in-law is around ” the guy raised his head up , looking up from the letter.
‘‘ hello beauty is good meeting you again” he was Winnie , Fred twin brother.
“ Jordan your girlfriend is here” a maid collected her things then took it to Merritt's room as Winnie shouted .
“ Lisa and the rest are on their  way ” she nodded and took a seat to rest her aching knee.
She turned to Merritt who was busy with the business plan she had to submit at school.
“ so why did you stop coming to my house ? ” she asked .
“ oh , your house ? ”
“ yeah ”
“ I have been too busy love , you see am working on this project and have to get it done before Friday ”
“ lame excuse , I know you don't like my cousin but he's not bad as you think he is , if you are judging from his look”
“ who told you I don't like him ” that wasn't a lie.
“ you like him ? ”
“ not as in like like him ” she scoffed.“ normal liking you know” she let her pencil fall on the sketch.
“ then you don't have to avoid my house if you do ”
‘‘ ok ok ok ” she couldn't tell Cher she had feelings for her cousin.she remained quiet till Lisa and the others arrived but kept thinking of Drake

*****

Tell me do you think Merritt should be having such feeling even when she knows Drake had a girlfriend ?.
Do comment your thoughts 🌹 🤩