CHAPTER 14

She dialed the nearest police station number giving them their house address .
Cher heard a painful scream from behind, she turned to see her mom in the pool of her own blood . Jordan who tried fighting was injected again.
“ drop the phone ” she let the phone fall off her hand as she retreated into the sides of her room shivering.
“ you are no use ” he cocked the gun and was about to shoot .
“ freeze !!!” the police walked in.
He made an attempt to attack them but was shot and that was the last thing Cher heard before fainting.
Vienna crawled to hold her daughter, an ambulance arrived and they were all carried on a stretcher .
Cher woke up to find herself surrounded by white walls .A doctor walked in and did a few check up on her .
“ how are you feeling? ” he asked calmly.
“ fine " she ignored the pain in her head .
“ ok , but you need more rest . You've been unconscious for four days”
“ excuse me please” she said to the doctor who was about to leave .
“ do you know anyone named Vienna black ? ”
“ oh the actress , what about her ? ”
“ can I see her ? ” she asked.
“ who are you to her? ’’ she stared at the doctor for a while before responding.
“ her daughter”
“ okay , you can see her but not until the drip is finished. Food will be brought soon with some drugs that you must take” she nodded before resting her back .
Her mind drifted to Jordan. before she could ask of him the doctor had already left .
She felt guilty for him being involved in her mess.
Shortly a nurse came in with a tray , “ could you please take me to my mom ” she watched as the nurse removed the drip carefully.
“ why don't you eat first” the nurse said with a friendly smile.
When she finished eating, she followed th nurse to her mom's ward .
“ mom ” she ran to her side .
“ child , I missed you ” she weakly reached out for Cher's hand .
“ how are you feeling ? ”
“ better now , what about you ? "
“ I am fine and you don't need to worry”
“ have you checked on Jordan ? ” Cher shook her head , “ you should have and you should immediately you leave here ”
“ I will ” she watched Vienna closed her eyes slowly as the pain in her head became unbearable
“ I will leave you to rest now ” she stood up. Vienna nodded.
Cher asked of Jordan and was told what ward he was in.
“ Jordan" she called not sure if he will want to see her ”
“ Cher is that you ? ” he moved a bit despite feeling weak all over .
“ yes it's me ” she walked closer
“ how have you been and how are you now ? ”
“ I should be the one asking you that ”
“ ok am fine and feeling better especially with you around ” he managed a smile .
“ do your family know that you are here ? ” the smile on her face earlier turned into concern .
“ yes they do , I was able to contact them and they were here yesterday” .
“ okay ” she said in relief.“ I will leave you to rest and I also need it but you need it more” she paused . “ Jordan , am so sorry that you got involved into what you never knew about and I never told you about . I promise to tell you everything” he nodded slowly letting go of her hand.
She turned leave when his voice stopped her , “ never see this as your fault maybe it a price that must be paid for our friendship ” he gave an encouraging smile.

******
Please comment your thoughts 🙏🌹🌹🌹