Six | Chatterbox

KIAN

How could an old teddy bear mean so much to her?

The whole day she roamed around with it, holding it against her chest and kissing it sometimes too.

At night I was forced to share a bed with her because Dad got to know that I didn't sleep in my bedroom last night through Armano or Mea, I will find out soon.

Not wanting to hear his lecture, I decided to do as he said.

Irene was already in bed when I came out of the bathroom and she was cuddling with her teddy bear, a satisfied smile on her face.

Seriously?

Does she love it so much?

I settled on the bed, keeping a distance between us and turned my back to her, switching off the lights.

I have never shared my bed with anyone so it was weird having someone next to me.

"Not going to sleep in a different room tonight?" Her voice was playful as she spoke.

I didn't reply.

"Don't worry, I won't bite you." She chuckled.

She was fucking bold to be teasing me like that even though we had been married for only thirty hours. I don't know why the fuck I was counting that.

She yawned. "Good night, Kian."

I was glad that she didn't talk more and went to sleep.

.

.
.

Someone was invading my space, I could feel it even while sleeping.

A hot breath fanned my lips and it didn't help with my morning wood. Frustrated, I opened my eyes and just as I had thought, Irene had shifted closer to me while sleeping.

Her arm was still wrapped around her teddy bear, the other folded under her head, her face a few inches away from mine.

My eyes traced her every feature before settling on her lips which were parted slightly.

It was six in the morning, I still had an hour and a half left before I had to get up for work so I got off the bed and left the room to sleep for an hour peacefully.

.
.
.

My bedroom was empty when I went there to get ready later so I assumed Irene must be downstairs for breakfast but she wasn't.

She can do whatever the hell she wants, why the fuck do I want to know?

I ate my breakfast along with Armano, Mea and Aly and I thought Irene might join us later but when she didn't, I couldn't take it anymore.

I had to know for some reason. "Where's Irene?"

Armano and Mea stared at me like I had lost my mind and was asking the most stupid question.

Mea answered, "She left for work half an hour back."

"Work?"

Armano sighed. "Please tell me you know that your wife also has a job."

I didn't. Dad did send me a file on her, containing the basic details but I didn't bother looking at it.

Apparently, Armano knew more about her than me which irritated me.