Ten | Paper Flowers

More comments 😤
________________

IRENE

I crumpled the paper and threw it away.

I have been trying for the past half an hour to perfect the paper flower bouquet that I was making.

I used to make lots of paper flowers when I was a teenager but once I got busy with my studies and my job, I didn't get the time to make any.

And now when I am trying to make one...

I sighed and decided to try one last time.

I had officially claimed this as a personal room of mine and called it the Teddy Room. Not very creative but that's all I could come up with.

Then I told Kian that I needed a study table which I could put in that room. He only nodded and I thought he might forget about it but within an hour, a new table was being carried up the stairs by two of his men.

When I said I wanted a table, I didn't mean a new one, I thought he might have a spare one lying in storage or something.

But never mind.

Now I wanted to give him something too.

So I made a paper rose bouquet and this time, it was almost perfect and I grinned.

It had small paper roses of every colour, not just red because he might think that I was trying to propose to him or something (which I do want to do but he will kill me for sure).

The bouquet was small and nothing special but I tried my best and that's all I could think of giving him for now.

I could have bought him something but he already has everything and I am sure he wouldn't have told me if I asked.

"What do you think?" I asked the biggest teddy bear that was in the room and sitting beside the table. "Will he like it?"

"He should...it's so cute but what if he hates flowers?"

"I can't overthink this now. I am going to give it to him. This will be my way of expressing my gratitude also..." I lowered my voice. "...my first step towards trying to make him like me. I just wanna give this a try."

It was way past work hours but Kian was still working from his home office, so, holding the bouquet carefully between my fingers, I went there.

Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door.

But this time the door didn't open like it did the last two times.

So I knocked again.

He was in the office only, where would he go?

"Kian?" I called out. "Are you there?"

"Hey, Irene." I heard Armano call from behind.

I glanced at him and smiled. "Hi. Do you know where Kian is?"

"Inside." He pointed to the closed door. "Why, is he not opening the door?"

I nodded.

He chuckled and came closer and then pressed his thumb against the scanner placed next to the door and the door clicked open.

"Thank you!" I grinned at him and went inside.

Kian sat behind his desk, glaring at me as I walked in.

"Why didn't you open the door for me?" I huffed. "Do you think you can keep me away?"

He looked so exasperated with me. "Apparently not."