the lake

☆°•●*

It took seven minutes and three stumbles before Crystal finally took her hands off of Gigi's eyes. Gigi, squinting at the bright light assaulting her eyes and rubbing her few bruises she now had from Crystal's lack of clear direction, took Crystal's hand in hers as she stared at the view in astonished shock.

She gazed around, seeing that Crystal had taken her to a secluded lake, surrounded by trees and nature. There was even a little waterfall at the leftmost corner.

"You're not going to kill me, are you?" Gigi asked, causing Crystal to giggle.

"Oh, dang. You caught me," she joked back. "I thought we could go swimming for a bit, as a little date. I used to love coming here when I was a kid."

Crystal continued to talk about the lake and why she liked it so much, but Gigi didn't hear any of it past the word "date." Crystal was so quick and subtle to throw that word in in the middle of her sentences that it caught Gigi off-guard. She was ecstatic that this was a date, but she wondered how Crystal made that seem like not a big deal with her nonchalance. Did she think the café was also a date? Did she think they were dating? Was Gigi the only one that didn't know about this? Crystal's confidence was an extreme turnaround to what Gigi had always ever known.

Gigi was pulled out of these thoughts when Crystal suddenly took her short dress off. Gigi blushed and quickly covered her eyes, causing Crystal to laugh.

"C'mon, Gigi," she giggled, continuing to take off her clothes. "You've never seen a girl in her underwear before?"

Gigi's blush got darker as she still refused to look.

"Okay, I'm done," Crystal said, waiting for Gigi to turn around. She crossed her arms when Gigi stood still. "C'mon, it's your turn."

Gigi took a few deep breaths.

"Do you want to go swimming or not?" Crystal asked good humordly, though was starting to grow nervous that Gigi was so bothered about her being in her underwear. Had she misinterpreted their relationship already? Was she moving too quickly? Should she not spontaneously strip to her underwear? "I won't look if you want."

Gigi finally looked back at Crystal, hearing the slight nerves in her voice and feeling bad that she had brought her mood down. Gigi blushed again seeing the lavender haired girl in a lacey, white underwear set.

"Sorry, I just wasn't expecting you to take your clothes off so quick," she explained, hoping that Crystal's confidence wasn't completely ruined. Gigi relaxed when Crystal laughed.

"It's okay," she said, flicking her hand to show her nonchalance. "I'll give you more warning next time."

Crystal winked, and Gigi blushed. Again.

"Turn around, please," Gigi rushed, trying to hide her pink cheeks, and Crystal just smiled, saluting as she turned.

Gigi hurriedly undressed, leaving her in nothing but her black underwear. She told Crystal she was ready, and found herself standing awkwardly as it was Crystal's turn to blush, making Gigi also blush again.

Crystal cleared her throat, covering her mouth with her fist, looking up and over. She now understood Gigi's previous fluster.

"We can put our clothes over here," she said, fast, grabbing her dress, socks, and shoes and putting them on a flat rock next to one of the many bushes. "Let's just hope a squirrel doesn't try to steal my socks again."