the question

☆°•●*

About two weeks passed since Gigi had seen Crystal. In other words, it had been about two weeks since Gigi had kissed Crystal. And it was driving her crazy.

They talked constantly; calling, texting, facetiming. They were in contact as much as they possibly could. But after some time, the urge to see each other in person again grew strong, Gigi's limit having been just one day. So, she was long overdue another kiss.

About to call Crystal to ask about plans for the day, Gigi recalled back to the first two days they had known each other. She thought about their small non-lip kisses at the club that first night, their almost kiss at the lake, and their first kiss in the rain. It was absolutely perfect, and Gigi was dying to kiss her again, whether it be the hand, cheek, or, preferably, lips.

Other than the kisses, as she looked up Crystal's number, her mind particularly drifted to their short time at the pastry shop, and how Crystal had ordered a cream puff. The dessert was good; they should go back there again.

"Hi, Gigi!" Crystal said through the line, and Gigi could just imagine the blinding smile on the other end of the call.

"Hey, Cream Puff," Gigi said without a thought, mind still thinking back to the pastry Crystal had eaten. She froze when she caught what she had said, the words slipping out without her meaning to. Her eyes widened and her limbs went frigid, the silence on Crystal's end making the situation even more embarrassing.

"Cream Puff?" Crystal giggled lightly. "Nicknames already?"

At the lighthearted tone of the other girl, Gigi relaxed and laughed softly, a light blush dusting her cheeks.

"Yeah, I guess so."

Gigi would never had known that a blush blazed wildly on the lavender haired girl's face on the other end of the line.

"Alright then, muffin, what'd you wanna talk about?"

Gigi smiled at her own nickname Crystal had given her, referencing the dessert she had bought that day.

"Are you free tonight?" she asked. "We should go out."

"Out?" Crystal repeated, and Gigi could tell in her tone that she was wiggling her eyebrows teasingly. "Like a date?"

Gigi blushed again, scratching the back of her head.

"Yeah, like a date."

Gigi could practically hear the sound effects of Crystal's exitement through the phone. They finalized their plans, Gigi promising to pick Crystal up at seven on the dot, and not a minute later.

When they bid their goodbyes and hung up, Gigi sighed and flopped on the couch, swooning. She placed the back of her hand on her forehead and closed her eyes, like she was in a drama, where the main character was devastatingly in love.

Just a few more hours until she could see Crystal.

☆•●°*

Gigi found herself stood in front of Crystal's apartment door, knocking on the wooden panels before wiping her sweaty hands on her pants. She was nervous; she hadn't had a proper, face to face conversation with Crystal since their kiss.

All of her worries were swept away and replaced with a soft smile when Crystal opened the door and hopped out, immediately pulling Gigi into a hug.

"I missed you," she said, and Gigi tried to hide her blush.