the tears

☆•●°*

The tears were inconsolable when Gigi all but threw her phone onto her couch. She dropped her head into her hands and collapsed to the ground, loud sobs echoing through her quiet house.

The fact that her girlfriend cheated on her hurt, the fact that she pretended to not know about it hurt, and Crystal's cries through the phone line hurt. It all hurt, and yet hearing Crystal's despair pierced Gigi's heart the most - even if she had cheated on her, Gigi couldn't stand Crystal being anything less than happy. She didn't want the girl she loved to be in pain.

Loved.

Gigi cried harder at the realization, any hope for their happy future shattered. She loved Crystal, but now Crystal was no longer hers. Crystal had ruined them.

Her sobs turned choking as she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up, frantic, but relaxed when she saw her sister. Nicky stared down at her, concern written all over her face. With help, Gigi stood and wrapped Nicky in a hug, spluttering out what had happened in inaudible blubber.

Nicky shushed her sister and sat her on the couch, keeping her close.

"I want to go to bed," Gigi said after a few minutes, being able to control her cries for just long enough to get the sentence out.

"Okay."

Nicky led Gigi to her bed, sitting there for some time to be sure that Gigi was all settled and the hysterics were over - the worst of it, at least.

After Nicky left, Gigi laid on her back, icy eyes staring up, unfocused, at the ceiling. She didn't want to think of what had happened, yet her brain flew the events through her mind over and over, so quick she could barely comprehend what she was thinking despite being the one to think them. She tightly shut her eyes and put her hands on either side of her head, shaking it back and forth as if to shoo away the replaying nightmare. She rolled onto her side, begging to just fall asleep.

But she couldn't.

How was she supposed to fall asleep when her whole future she had planned with this girl just crumbled around her?

Their conversation echoed in her ears. She couldn't particularly remember what Crystal had said, her brain already blocking out the argument - and she probably blacked out a little during it - but she could vividly hear Crystal's tone. The despair, the sorrow, the pure terror.

Gigi blinked her eyes open at the word "terror." Crystal was scared?

Gigi dropped the thought, knowing that she would be terrified too if her girlfriend had accused her of cheating.

But, it seemed a little too odd, and Gigi scrambled her brain to try and remember anything that Crystal had said. She sighed deeply when she couldn't, only her own words being easily recalled.

Rubbing her eyes away of the new tears, Gigi forced herself to fall asleep.

☆°•●*

The next day was worse than Gigi could have imagined.

She woke up with a headache and sore eyes, and the wish to be able to sleep forever.