10

" 𝘍𝘢𝘪𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩".

The words stil rang in Divya's ears as she brushed her teeth . She had stayed up late overthinking again but for the first time , not over her relationship with her parents , but about the conversation she had with Yashasvi.

For the first time in their life , they both had not argued for more than 10 minutes. They both , Divya would like to think , had avoided each other at thev restaurant.

Divya avoided eye contact and exchanged only necessary words with him throughout the meal.

The truth was that she felt extremely embarrassed to have been so weak to not even be able to refuse a conversation . She knew he would tease and harass her about the same for a long time , eating her sanity along with it , that too infront of anyone. Divya had thought

They both joined in the conversation with Dhruv and Shubman but Divya avoided commenting over anything Yashasvi said while Yashasvi did not mentioned anything remotely related to Gaurav like ahe expected

It was a strange feeling for Divya, realizing that they could coexist without constant conflict.

The evening passed well . She enjoyed the company of the two boys . The conversations flowed easily.

As they walked back to the hotel, Dhruv and Shubman lagged behind, absorbed in their own conversation, leaving Divya and Yashasvi alone. Despite their usual banter, Divya found herself surprised by Yashasvi's unexpected behavior. He hadn't brought Gaurav back in his teasing after Divya asked him to stop which in it self was astonishing .

They fell in an uncomfortable silence until Yashasvi received a called and went off ahead , leaving Divya with the other two boys . That was the last of their interactions last night

"𝖶𝗁𝗒 𝖽𝗂𝖽 𝗁𝖾 𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗍 𝗆𝗒 𝗐𝗂𝗌𝗁 𝗍𝗈 𝖺𝗏𝗈𝗂𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖺𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝖦𝖺𝗎𝗋𝖺𝗏 "

The question kept ringing in her ears as she brushed her teeth.

Divya sighed, rinsing her mouth and glancing at the clock. Morning practice would start soon, and she needed to be on the field, ready to support the team. She pulled her hair into a tight ponytail after taking a bath , grabbed her gear, and headed out, trying to shake off the lingering thoughts of last night.

On the field, the usual hustle and bustle greeted her. Players were warming up, coaches were discussing strategies, and the support staff was busy with their preparations. Divya spotted Yashasvi practicing his batting techniques, his focus intense. Despite their rocky relationship, she couldn't deny his talent and dedication to the game.